Do you know how many Hallmark movies there are?

maddmaxx

I've endured hundreds of Hallmark movies because Mrs loves them. The nuances are slightly different, but most of the time its a girl engaged to be married to some sap that falls back in love with her old sweetheart. Or she falls for the guy who was sent to close down the local factory. Love ensues and jobs are saved. Or she visits her sister and falls for the local handyman. Etc. :facepalm:

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, team scooter said:

I've endured hundreds of Hallmark movies because Mrs loves them. The nuances are slightly different, but most of the time its a girl engaged to be married to some sap that falls back in love with her old sweetheart. Or she falls for the guy who was sent to close down the local factory. Love ensues and jobs are saved. Or she visits her sister and falls for the local carpenter. Etc. :facepalm:

Ahhhh, the Hallmark Christmas movies.  Damn, I already know too much about them.  Now we're getting into the mystery movies.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, maddmaxx said:

Now we're getting into the mystery movies.

They all kind of go like this;

Someone is murdered. The (librarian, or cup cake baker, or flower shop owner, etc…) wants to solve the crime.  The woman goes out and starts asking people LOTS of questions, like anyone would really answer them, but they do.  They almost have the case solved, then the killer wants revenge, and nearly kills the woman.  By some miracle, the woman is saved and the killer goes to jail.  And while this is all happening the police have been telling the woman to stay home and shelter.

Next show in the series… repeat the scenario.  

WoBG and I each try tto pick who the killer is in the first 5 minutes, and we see who was correct.  But we still have to watch.

• Haha 2

I paid for an upgrade to my Mom's cable for her to get the Hallmark Channel.  The movies are all absurd, but they were a nice break from her watching news all the time.  The plots are all the same, but they're usually set somewhere pretty and a nice diversion that doesn't tax the brain.

• Awesome 1

I think there are three or four and they just keep rotating them. Anyway that's what it seems like to me. I take my afternoon break in our break room, and I'm pretty sure I've seen all the movies more than once. Or, it could just be they are all basically the same and just seems like there are three or four.

• Heart 2

52 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

What is a Hallmark Movie?

Hallmark has two major cable networks that feature reruns of old family friendly programs as well as a lot of made for tv movies that all tend to follow either the same romantic theme or are mysteries scripted from "cozy" mystery books.   They really shine around Christmas with a ton of Christmas movies that usually involve some busy executive finding the meaning of Christmas when they're forced to run the town Christmas festival.

They've got the tv movie down to an art and are extremely efficient at filming and they tend to reuse a lot of familiar actors and actresses.

https://www.glamour.com/story/hallmark-christmas-movie-actresses

Hallmark has turned its holiday-movie-making business into a full-on cultural phenomenon. A whopping 72 million people tuned into Hallmark's Countdown to Christmas lineup last year, according to figures provided by the network. Hallmark also brought in the highest ratings on TV for households and women ages 18–49 and 25–54 during the week of November 20, 2017, largely because of its Christmas content. These holiday movies are so popular, in fact, that Hallmark upped its premiere count from 37 in 2018 to to 40.

4 hours ago, team scooter said:

I've endured hundreds of Hallmark movies because Mrs loves them. The nuances are slightly different, but most of the time its a girl engaged to be married to some sap that falls back in love with her old sweetheart. Or she falls for the guy who was sent to close down the local factory. Love ensues and jobs are saved. Or she visits her sister and falls for the local handyman. Etc. :facepalm:

I didn’t think I ever watched a hallmark movie but I guess I did, I saw all three of those. Probably when we were visiting my wife’s sister in Virginia.

I think there is only one. They just change the locations and names to make you think there is more. Same story over and over.