tonight's dinner

bikeman564™

27 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

Lemon herb chicken & mushroom risotto! Seriously, the thread made me have a hankering and I had the ingredients to make it.  I’ll need to go easy on it tho...

Fucking solid, Man.  

:foryou:

We are having some oven baked chicken, spaghetti squash, and a side of quinoa that I made with Kale, chives, ad black beans.

• Heart 3

32 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

Poor petite is like me, just one step ahead of the deterioration of food. :D

You need some critters. They can eat stuff long past it’s use by date and like it. I never take a chance on old food. The feral cats get first crack, they are somewhat picky but whatever they don’t eat by dark gets eaten by a family of raccoons.

• Heart 1

I didn’t mention that on Friday for lunch I made lentil soup and cornbread from a care package I received from a forumite. I made it according to the directions so it was all vegetarian. I thought about adding some meat but wanted to see what it was like the way it was intended. It turned out very good. All I added was some diced tomatoes, carrots, and onion as per suggestion. It came with it’s own spice packet that was mostly salt, pepper, and thyme.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

Worked ib the yard all day so were pretty tired.  Surprisingly there is a new restaurant just opened here, a gourmet burger joint.  They were supposed to open a month ago and were already paying rent.  They are supposed to have a good chicken burger so we thought we would show them some love.

Went down and turns out they were out of chicken burgers and out of fries (long line waiting to order) so for the first time in a long time stopped at Wendys and picked up a chicken burger

Last night was spaghetti with meatballs because, for three days straight, I had eating Polish Noodles and Cottage Cheese (plus fried onions, sour cream, turkey kielbase and chicken nuggets).

I'm going to do a delayed St. Paddy's Day Corned Beef, Sauerkraut, and Potatoes in the near future unless there's a sale on chicken leg quarters or thighs when I have to shop for food on Tuesday.

• Heart 1

8 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I took some fucking chicken, use whatever you fucking have but I had  thighs.  Bang it in the pan with less than Bertoli quality fucking oil oil, brown the fucking chicken, add some fucking white wine. It doesn’t have to be fancy fucking wine, just use whatever you fucking have. Add lemon juice, Inused the shit from a green jar because you know, I’m not fucking fancy or anything, herbs I had in my fucking spice cabinet for years and put the shit in the oven and let cook for an hour at fucking 350. 

It’s not fucking rocket science people, just throw the shit in the pan & let it cook.

Nominated!

11 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

I took some fucking chicken, use whatever you fucking have but I had  thighs.  Bang it in the pan with less than Bertoli quality fucking oil oil, brown the fucking chicken, add some fucking white wine. It doesn’t have to be fancy fucking wine, just use whatever you fucking have. Add lemon juice, Inused the shit from a green jar because you know, I’m not fucking fancy or anything, herbs I had in my fucking spice cabinet for years and put the shit in the oven and let cook for an hour at fucking 350. 

It’s not fucking rocket science people, just throw the shit in the pan & let it cook.

:D

Fucking A, Man.  Fucking A. 

In recent years, I am doing much better in the learning process.  I sued to use recipes and then be left with a bunch of shit I had no idea what to do with.  Buy more, do recipe again.  Rinse repeat.

My husband does most of the shopping, probably to prevent me from buying high dollar shit.  HAHA  So, he comes home with a bunch of things, and I used to be like  What will I do with all this shit?  Now, I get it.  Toss this shit, with that shit and makes some good shit.  

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, ChrisL said:

:humping:

7 hours ago, ChrisL said:

We're gonna get you one of this interweb cooking shows. What kind of accent can you pull off? 

• Haha 1

I made chicken and biscuits, smashed potatoes, and steamed spring vegetables . We had cantaloupe for desert. The cantaloupe was really good. My wife’s big sister joined us for dinner. Sometimes you just have to take a chance. She didn’t breath on us and hasn’t been around any sick people or anything. We wanted to show appreciation to her for the way she looks after mom and handles her affairs.