Jump to content

I can’t open my Coca-Cola


Allen
 Share

Recommended Posts

And I don’t even have the excuse that it is in a glass bottle. I can’t open my plastic bottle coke. I need a pair of channel locks. 
All in all this is not a bad thing but I find it frustrating. I don’t feel particularly weak, but there it sits, on the table mocking me. 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Allen said:

I gave up and had tea instead. If I can’t open it tomorrow I’m going with the Kzoo approved sawsall method. 

BAM 💥 You got this.  Charge up the battery.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've had the same happen.  Not just with coke though.  Quality control on the cap breakaway slots has been lacking for the last couple of years.  It's especially difficult with old fingers and the channel locks have been proven to work well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Allen said:

And I don’t even have the excuse that it is in a glass bottle. I can’t open my plastic bottle coke. I need a pair of channel locks. 
All in all this is not a bad thing but I find it frustrating. I don’t feel particularly weak, but there it sits, on the table mocking me. 

God works in mysterious ways!  Either She doesn't want you to have that Coke, or She is guiding you towards some grip strengthening exercises.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

God works in mysterious ways!  Either She doesn't want you to have that Coke, or She is guiding you towards some grip strengthening exercises.

I undertook a challenge about 4 years ago that greatly improved my grip strength.  I highly recommend this to all the forumites.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I used to drink it, because I didn't like the sugary pop.

I used to drink reg Coke, 35 years ago.  Then I switched to diet.  After a few years of that I stopped the diet stuff and felt so much better - fewer headaches...  About a year ago I thought I'd try a reg. Coke.  I almost gaged on the sugary yucky taste.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Allen said:

And I don’t even have the excuse that it is in a glass bottle. I can’t open my plastic bottle coke. I need a pair of channel locks. 
All in all this is not a bad thing but I find it frustrating. I don’t feel particularly weak, but there it sits, on the table mocking me. 

Maybe you need to go to rehab?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

I used to drink reg Coke, 35 years ago.  Then I switched to diet.  After a few years of that I stopped the diet stuff and felt so much better - fewer headaches...  About a year ago I thought I'd try a reg. Coke.  I almost gaged on the sugary yucky taste.

 

I'm still able to drink Coke - usually on car trips for a caffeine kick without waiting in a line for coffee.  Mt Dew or Coke or Cherry Coke are pretty much the full range of soda options for me, otherwise just water.  Pepsi is just wrong, and Sprite or Sierra Mist leave thick sugar sweaters on my teeth.  Yuck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm still able to drink Coke - usually on car trips for a caffeine kick without waiting in a line for coffee.  Mt Dew or Coke or Cherry Coke are pretty much the full range of soda options for me, otherwise just water.  Pepsi is just wrong, and Sprite or Sierra Mist leave thick sugar sweaters on my teeth.  Yuck.

You need to learn to drink RC Cola lika a good southerner.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

RC Cola always reminded me of the taste of a sharpened pencil. Y-U-C-K!

Hummmmm, I've never eaten a sharpened pencil.  I always figured sharpening removed some of the taste.  So, what do I know?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Eaten? Nope.  Chewed on a pencil, definitely!  As a kid, all my Dixon Ticonderoga #2 pencils had teeth marks.

We had the good ones when I was a kid. Painted with lead paint. You can’t get those anymore unless you order them from China.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Eaten? Nope.  Chewed on a pencil, definitely!  As a kid, all my Dixon Ticonderoga #2 pencils had teeth marks.

Ever forgotten you had stuck the eraser end in your ear and then gotten the taste of earwax and eraser in your mouth?

Yeah, me neither.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

We had the good ones when I was a kid. Painted with lead paint. You can’t get those anymore unless you order them from China.

This.  Kids today have no idea...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Allen said:

And I don’t even have the excuse that it is in a glass bottle. I can’t open my plastic bottle coke. I need a pair of channel locks. 
All in all this is not a bad thing but I find it frustrating. I don’t feel particularly weak, but there it sits, on the table mocking me. 

I use a nutcracker to open it when that happens, though not this year.

Hey, is there a contest going on with the 16.9 oz. plastic bottle caps?  I began buying Caffeine Free Diet Coke in bottles after they stopped putting them in aluminum cans in March. I was tossing them in my recycling until I noticed they have numbers/letters inside the caps like "007W09VH3HHVX76."

Now I've got a bunch of Coke bottle caps on my kitchen counter next to the recycling bin.  I guess I'll look it up now.

Online (https://us.coca-cola.com/mycokerewards/), it says:

When did My Coke Rewards phase out?
On January 24, 2017, The Coca-Cola Company announced that My Coke Rewards will be discontinued. On July 1, 2017, the My Coke Rewards site was closed, and redirected to Coke.com, where you may still enter your product codes to participate in exciting offers from all your favorite Coca-Cola brands.

Can I still enter codes to be rewarded?
While MCR Points have gone away, don’t get rid of those valuable product codes! Take them to Coke.com/Offers where you can enter them for a more instant reward experience. Be sure to check back often, as we are constantly adding new sweepstakes, offers and rewards.

At the coke.com/rewards link, there are a lot of win-and-donate-to-charity things.  There's ONE win $100 thing that ends Aug. 31(https://us.coca-cola.com/speedway/):

image.png.308a0572bbf306236e64dbf4c122012e.png

So I signed up and entered the code from a cap and it just says I'm in.  I guess you enter every code you have and don't find out until after 8/31 if you were the one that won $100.  And you need to have saved the cap.

image.thumb.png.84f7779fc572d565b20d98fa7764c7e4.png

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Allen said:

I tried again. Again, no joy. 
So I stabbed the bottle with my pocket knife.  Foamy coke everywhere. Went all over me, all over my knife, all over the floor. 
 

And now I’m having tea. 

And that is exactly what you get for not using the approved saws-all method.

 

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Allen said:

I tried again. Again, no joy. 
So I stabbed the bottle with my pocket knife.  Foamy coke everywhere. Went all over me, all over my knife, all over the floor. 
 

And now I’m having tea. 

 

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

And that is exactly what you get for not using the approved saws-all method.

 

If you would have loosened the cap first, the pressure could have escaped and then when you stabbed it it would not have spewed everywhere.

  • Awesome 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...