Emergency surgery

BR46

13 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Tell me the story of that first picture when you made that first opening. You scribed nice straight lines marking the joists and then cut the floor with a hammer?

I set the skilsaw that it would just make it through the floor but working in a closet with the floor badly warped the saw didn't cut all the way through. 

When I could see where everything was I made the opening bigger and made a access door for future use if they have a problem with the plumming. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, JerrySTL said:

If the water has been running for a long time, their water and sewer bills might be very high. I know that were I live, there's a way submit paperwork to get the sewer bill reduced for such leaks that don't go back into the sewer system.

Water and sewer is included with their lot rent. Gas bill was $80 per month in the summer. That should have been a red flag and mon said that she always heard the water heater running another red flag. 

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

HAHA

and @BR46 you are a good egg.  Looks like a mess to deal with. 

I'm happy that my brother was able to help me with the project. Our stepfather is 85 years old and own kids won't help in any way. 

• Heart 1