Do you think Texas has earned its one star rating?

Randomguy

6 minutes ago, 12string said:

"Would not recommend to a friend.  This product didn't even come CLOSE to how it was advertised.  I tried calling, but I couldn't even tell what language the customer service rep was speaking!  I would give it -1 stars if I could!"

I used a nice restroom when I was there.

Amazon.com: Black 5 Stars Would Poop Here Again, Bathroom Sign Plaque  5"x10" : Home & Kitchen

• Heart 1

9 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I think it got a low rating because it has snowed more there the last two winters then it did in NYC.  I bet you are tired of living in the permafreeze, amiright, jsharrt?

That and the fact that we do not add beans to our chili.  I do not mind the permafreeze, it is just the endless darkness is getting to me.

• 1 year later...
32 minutes ago, jsharr said:

You want to know something else stupid about the so called LONE STAR STATE?

We love to sing how the STARS at night are big and bright

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP 

Deep in the Heart of Texas.

Shouldn't it the the STAR at night, is big and bright?  

Stupid Texans.

My grandpa used to always whistle that song. True cowboy. Used to break horses until he broke his leg. He was a lot of places, but I’m not sure he ever went to Texas!

• Heart 1

On 9/21/2021 at 7:12 PM, Dottles said:

Now you understand why coffee is so big up here.  Only crazed PNWers would pay $17.50 a pound for Texas roasted coffee.  Probably the same dingbat that spends $40 on 4 boxes of cereal.

I guess it depends on what coffee beans are being roasted.  About once a year, I order a few pounds (for free shipping, less is around $8) of Peet's Coffee that's around that price, usually Arabian Mocha Java Blend and Major Dickason's Blend.  Otherwise, 2 lb/$11.99 to $14.99 for Starbucks, Mayorga, or other good whole bean coffee at Costco is the rule.  If Eight O'Clock's excellent and relatively cheap Central Highlands coffee is in the supermarket in 11 oz. packages for less than $6, I'll scoop it up.  It's $6.99 on Amazon, which works out to $10.17/lb and I love the fruit and hint of cocoa taste.

Note that one pound of coffee makes 23 16 oz. portions that would cost $0.76 each at $17.50/lb.  A Starbucks Grande Latte (16 oz) costs $3.65.

I can't understand why so many people pay that for one or more per day when they could bring a thermos to work or set up a coffee pot.

10 hours ago, jsharr said:

You want to know something else stupid about the so called LONE STAR STATE?

We love to sing how the STARS at night are big and bright

CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP 

Deep in the Heart of Texas.

Shouldn't it the the STAR at night, is big and bright?  

Stupid Texans.

...not even going to ask how everyone got the clap.

• Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...