Dogs still would not come in

Airehead

It was 10° last night and Oreo had been outside all day. When it got dark I looked for him and he was sound asleep on the porch swing. I left him sleep until I was ready to go to sleep and I went back out and closed the door pretty loud. He woke up and looked at me. I had to talk him into coming in. Furry animals are not as fragile as the ads on tv would have you believe.

• Heart 3

27 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Furry animals are not as fragile as the ads on tv would have you believe.

My buddy had 3 Brittney's that lived in an out door kennel. We had a way below zero stretch and he was worried about them. Let them into the basement, they ran around smelling all the new stuff, then stood by the door waiting to go back home.

Putting an indoor animal out in the cold is wrong, but out door critters are adjusted to the cold. 

• Haha 1

On 1/15/2022 at 10:52 PM, jsharrwick said:

My dogs are wimps.  Romeo sleeps under the covers

Jake is a house dog.  When I take him home after a long walk, he wants to get inside and lie down in comfort so much that he's got his nose at the door and I have drag the 100 lbs of him back far enough to open the storm door.  He obviously doesn't grasp the concept of the storm door opening out while the entry door opens in.

• Haha 3