What created more hypochondriacs?

Wilbur
Go to solution Solved by Kzoo,

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Instant googling of symptoms surely has to be a big part of it. Is House in syndication? I can' say I've seen that in a while.  

Several years ago I was at the doctor w/ my Dad (his appointment). I over heard a doctor speaking to someone on the phone, basically telling them not to believe WedMD. Said person was challenging the doctor because of what they read &/or misunderstood🙄 Yada yada yada, everyone's case is different said the doc. No kidding I thought.

• Heart 1

At least for me ,House is on Pop TV, but I think it's on a couple different cable channels and streaming services.

I think Dr Google has created the most hypochondriacs.  People look up their symptoms and go to the worst possible scenario right away.

• Heart 1

Maybe health anxiety is one of numerous insecurities on the rise. Economic, food, job, relationships, resources… A lot to worry about, and maybe my own “itchy nose” is the easiest to amplify, call the doctor, buy three types of antihistamines, take some herbals…

• Heart 1

37 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Maybe health anxiety is one of numerous insecurities on the rise. Economic, food, job, relationships, resources… A lot to worry about, and maybe my own “itchy nose” is the easiest to amplify, call the doctor, buy three types of antihistamines, take some herbals…

I am tired of worrying.  I think I will welcome death when it comes to have that worry stop.  When I die, I will just focus on my beauty sleep, I think.

• Heart 1