McDonald’s App

Airehead

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

I just downloaded it. My secretary really likes her Diet Coke to be from McDonald’s. She swears it tastes better. Something about steel tanks of syrup not bags. 

when I want to be nice, I stop and get her one. 

They were interviewing the McD CEO on some show a while back (vagueness is fun) and he discussed how they were able to make the Coke products their own way.  I don't think it had anything to do with the tanks, but just whatever process corporate McD developed for their "blend" of water, syrup, and carbonation. :dontknow: Regardless, it is unique as it would be for most large chains, so if the McD is her preference, it is a reasonable one.

• Heart 2

I once read McDonald’s had their straws manufactured with a small texture on the inner surface of their straws that kept  the carbonation bubbling even going up the straw. It made their drinks taste different in a way that customers find “better”. 
I worked at a McDonalds in high school for about 6 months and remember well having to change the tanks. 

• Heart 2

Good or bad (I think mostly good), folks should strongly consider getting the "app" for any/all of their regular store & restaurants.  Most allow you to easily order ahead, skip any lines, and have some sort of "rewards" for repeat business or promotions.

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I don't remember ever having a McDonald's coke.

My first real job was at Wolfe Nursery on Alamo road.  There was a McDonalds in the same strip center.  Ate quite a few meals on quick breaks from McDonalds.  A bit later a Taco Bueno opened just across the parking lot, so I ate a bunch of Taco Bueno tacos and washed them down with a bunch of Coke or Dr. Pepper.

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, Airehead said:

I just downloaded it. My secretary really likes her Diet Coke to be from McDonald’s. She swears it tastes better. Something about steel tanks of syrup not bags. 

when I want to be nice, I stop and get her one. 

I played a key role in getting one of my high school students, who wanted to be a chemistry major, a scholarship through the chemistry dept. at UMBC, my alma mater where I still knew a lot of the professors.

For her first year at UMBC, on most Fridays she would stop at the McDonald's near our high school, buy and bring a breakfast to me in school.

I feels so good when someone makes you realize how much she appreciates what you did for her!

That was much more than I deserved!  Near the end of that school year I told her she had done more than enough and she didn't need to do it in the future because she should be spending the money on herself.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, jsharr said:

Order your catering here and get gas!  

Free oil change with $500 catering order! 

Sadly there is no garage.  You have to go to the next station up the road for that.  They have gas pumps and the nice convenience store.

4 minutes ago, Kirby said:

Sadly there is no garage.  You have to go to the next station up the road for that.  They have gas pumps and the nice convenience store.

Maybe you can take my idea and run with it.  Get them to work together to make this happen.  Feel free to use my suggested advertising slogans.

• Like 1