RIP Toby Keith

petitepedal

43 minutes ago, TrentonMakes said:

His music meant a lot to a lot of people, and 62's way too young.  I did not recall hearing that he was dealing with cancer.

RIP.

If you have seen any pics of him lately it was horribly obvious.  He looked old and frail.  I hate that we remember people like this all too often.  A lot of my memories of my Grandparents will be of them when they were old, febile and dying.  I wish I could strike those memories from my brian and focus on the better, younger years.  

• Heart 2
  • Hugs 1

18 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

No idea who he was, but 62 is far too young.

Country singer.  Mainstay in 90's era country.  You would absolutely know a few of his songs.  Especially if you live in TN.  

• Like 1

I was surprised that BuffCarla knew him. I didn’t listen to country of that era. I recognize Red Solo Cup and a few others, but really don’t know him well. I am slowly building a collection of country from that era, recently buying George Strait and Alan Jackson albums.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

I had no clue about the cancer. VERY sad he had to deal with that and lost the battle. I really liked his work. 

I didn't watch any of the vids posted above, but I DO remember seeing Snoop Dog on the Tonight Show stating he will never do weed with Willie again either. Ha!!

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, smudge said:

I had no clue about the cancer. VERY sad he had to deal with that and lost the battle. I really liked his work. 

I didn't watch any of the vids posted above, but I DO remember seeing Snoop Dog on the Tonight Show stating he will never do weed with Willie again either. Ha!!

I wonder if Willie ever burned one with John Prine?  

• Heart 1