Mesh network

Chris...

2 hours ago, Chris... said:

Anyone here have a mesh network setup?

No. 

My wi-fi router (an ASUS RT-AX88U) can be configured to be a mesh network hub.  I considered adding nodes to my network if needed.  It looked like it would be easy to do.  I never need to add any nodes to my network the wi-fi router has more than enough signal strength for my entire home.    I had to buy a cable modem too.   I ditched the cable company equipment for my own stuff.

I had to configure my Motorola cable modem first.  That was a call to the cable tech support and I got to plug my laptop into the LAN port of the cable modem to be sure it worked.  Then I had to connect the new wi-fi router to the cable modem and configure that myself.   I had to plug my laptop into my new wi-fi router with a LAN cable and then connect to the ASUS web site to use their configuration app.  It didn't take long to do.

I'm assuming you have a cable modem (or something similar) that works. And you will be plugging the eero 6+ into your modem.  This may help.  https://support.eero.com/hc/en-us/articles/207937603-How-do-I-set-up-eero  It looks like you will use the eero app on a phone to configure the mesh network.   I'll assume you start with the hub (if that's what they call it) and get that up and running first, then start adding nodes one at a time until you are done.

If you use the same network name(s) and the same password(s)  for the eero mesh network, your devices should connect to the eero wi-fi when it's up and running.   

Good luck with this.   

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I have one.  Xfinity requires their own brand.

When I ditched the Mediacom cable modem / wi-fi  router (one black box), I had to find a cable modem that was compatible with the Mediacom cable system.  They had a list on their website of compatible cable modems.   And I needed a separate wi-fi router too.   That was done almost 3 years ago.  

I have a mesh system from TP-Link. Easy to set up. Works great. They were the same system we sold at my old employer. We also set up several Google systems that customers had previously ordered and couldn’t figure out. Neither was hard. 
So much nicer to move about the property and not worry about the WiFi handoff from one device to another. 

• Heart 1

I have a Google mesh system. Works great. The modem is upstairs back of the house. Signal on the front porch was lousy. Now all rooms and porch have a good enough Signal to stream. I don't remember how I set it up but I'm sure Google could help 

Good luck....do you have dead bodies spots?

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, Scrapr said:

I have a Google mesh system.

Me too, the brand new ones.  Not as great as I hoped.

My desktop is wired only.  I have a pod in my office and wired into it.  At least once or twice a week, it stops responding.

We have the main pod on my wife's desk.  That is what our TV picks up.  Hockey games would freeze regularly, many times each game.  I thought it was Hulu / ESPN.  I switch it over to the ATT router that is in the same spot as the Google pod.  It's been flawless since.

I am a Google fan, but so far, I have not been impressed with these.

• Heart 1

17 hours ago, Longjohn said:

I have a pair of mesh boxers Judie bought me. They weren’t hard to configure at all.

Mesh!  That's the word I couldn't think of when I said I buy Brussels sprouts in ??? bags in my supermarket.  The first thing I thought of was "net" and used that.  When I Google "net bag" or "mesh bag" a lot of the same stuff comes up so I guess enough of my brain is still working.

So isn't a mesh network a net network?

Anyway, this is what the bag looks like.  Martha Stewart says to use 12 of them cut in half in her Savory Fall Stew but I like them a lot and use the whole bag even if they're all big.

image.png.6b1f223e5ee3538dd79497814c177b31.png