Hoy es

Going to miss it by one day. There is a Margaritaville* restaurant just opened up by the mall. We are going there Friday night

*Portland doesn't get the fancy stuff very fast. First one opened in 2012

** there is a Margaritaritaville not associated w/Jimmy that opened in 1981

• Heart 1

I have never had one!  I generally stay away from liquor as it just jacks my stomach up.  But….

I was working a company event Monday & Tuesday.  Monday night was the awards dinner with open bar afterwards.   I was providing over watch in the foyer when an inebriated female attendee brought me a margarita and asked me to join her upstairs!  (Haven’t had that happen in ages…). 

I took the drink from her but politely declined the offer.  Then gave it to the wait staff… Apparently she hit up one of the IT guys working tech support next! 😂

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, TrentonMakes said:

yeah, fresh lime juice, triple sec and tequila, rocks.  For a margarita I'm happy with regular Cuervo.  I'm fine without the salted rim.

Yeah the whole top shelf marg thing is weird to me.  Like anyone will be able to taste anything over all the lime.  Fresh lime juice, decent tequila, some triple sec and a salted rim.  Wipe it off if you don't like it.  

• Heart 2

3 minutes ago, jsharr said:

Yeah the whole top shelf marg thing is weird to me.  Like anyone will be able to taste anything over all the lime.  Fresh lime juice, decent tequila, some triple sec and a salted rim.  Wipe it off if you don't like it.  

You can taste the difference, but I wouldn’t go top shelf. I do want something I like to sip without thinking we need to cover up this nasty taste!

• Heart 1

Back when I was living in my South Jersey apartment in the late 90s my college buddies visited for the weekend.  We're usually beer drinkers but that weekend my old college roommate brought a big bottle of Cuervo, and he and I each had four or five margaritas - mixed in pint glasses.  It was the drunkest I've ever been, post-college.  My then-girlfriend-now-wife came over and I was completely trashed and making a bit of a scene (with my acoustic guitar) in the postage-stamp-sized front yard.  At some point she left; I was way too drunk to see how ticked off she was. 

For a long time I "joked" that I wasn't allowed to have margaritas anymore.  In recent years I've been able to demonstrate restraint. :lol:

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TrentonMakes said:

Back when I was living in my South Jersey apartment in the late 90s my college buddies visited for the weekend.  We're usually beer drinkers but that weekend my old college roommate brought a big bottle of Cuervo, and he and I each had four or five margaritas - mixed in pint glasses.  It was the drunkest I've ever been, post-college.  My then-girlfriend-now-wife came over and I was completely trashed and making a bit of a scene (with my acoustic guitar) in the postage-stamp-sized front yard.  At some point she left; I was way too drunk to see how ticked off she was. 

For a long time I "joked" that I wasn't allowed to have margaritas anymore.  In recent years I've been able to demonstrate restraint. :lol:

I am glad this had a "happy ending"....so to speak

• Heart 1