13 members have voted

1. 1. What should I do with my space?

• Fire pit
    • Mosh pit
    • Smaller scale replica of Stonehenge
    • Graveyard for dead hookers
    • Flower garden
    • Fill it with grass seed.

We are too damn busy to own a pool anymore.  Ours is really showing it's age.  I will not be replacing it this year.  In fact, I think I will just take the damn thing out. 

I will now entertain ideas on what to do with a 27 foot circle of sand in the back yard.  Pictures are welcome.  The winner gets to come help me transform my space.  I will provide all of the Coors Light that you can drink.

Edited by Parr8hed

I had considered the same thing but my granddaughters love my pool.  Also my deck is built around the pool so I would have to have that altered.  If I need to get a new pool I will, got to keep the granddaughters happy.

My parents live close, they have a big in-ground pool.  We'll still have someplace to swim.

Charlie and Cheese vote for this.  :)

roque1.jpg

The cats would have a field day.

• Heart 1

Ok, not picking on anyone in particular (UB), but I don't understand the whole outdoor grilling thing so much.  I mean, you would be out there in inclement weather or the hot sun, just getting beaten up by the elements when you could be inside with a nice beer watching the game.  I know lots of you guys are into the grill thing, I just can't understand why.

Why?

Ok, not picking on anyone in particular (UB), but I don't understand the whole outdoor grilling thing so much.  I mean, you would be out there in inclement weather or the hot sun, just getting beaten up by the elements when you could be inside with a nice beer watching the game.  I know lots of you guys are into the grill thing, I just can't understand why.

Why?

You are a sissyfied city man.  

I like to cook meat over flame while drinking a beer, outside.  It is good.  

• Heart 1

Why?

man.  fire.  meat.  beer.  

...why not?

Also some people actually do enjoy being outside.  Since our grill has wheels I do try to park it somewhere shady.  Plus grilled stuff tastes really good.

As a bonus, anything that gets cooked on the grill means one less pot/roasting pan/etc. to wash.

• Heart 2

Why?

If you have to ask why.........don't do it.

Ok, when I come to your place, I will watch you grill.

You would be welcome.  I've grilled for almost a hundred people, far more than I could have cooked for in the kitchen.  Here in the north east we are confined indoors by the weather for enough of the year that I enjoy being outside to cook in the summer. 

You would be welcome.  I've grilled for almost a hundred people, far more than I could have cooked for in the kitchen.  Here in the north east we are confined indoors by the weather for enough of the year that I enjoy being outside to cook in the summer. 

I like showering outside.  Not just in the front yard with a garden hose, but a real-deal shower.  When I win the lottery, I will build an outdoor shower and do the bulk of my showering there.

• Heart 1

how the hell do you cut your finger getting into your photobucket?

I cut it splitting wood.  Had a wedge that had a big, nasty sliver of metal sticking out and it cut the shit out of my index finger when I grabbed it.  Bled like a stuck Wilbur.  I was waiting on Em to get off the bus so I could go to the urgent care mainly for a tetanus shot.  I could have cleaned and closed it here once the bleeding stopped, but I needed a Dt.