A social experiment..

Wilbur

People who suck, but not swallow

Parents picking a name for a child and spelling it completely dumbass different and expecting everyone to know how it is said

Other drivers who do not believe I own the road when I drive and they don't have a right to be driving when I am

#hashtags

I would say French Canadians, but I feel bad about Paris right now

The promise I was going to get sweet tea from someone here, but he keeps forgetting to send it to me

The way this forum will only let me on with my phone, but not desktop

Shall I keep going on???

The reason I ask this at the beginning of a two day class is to demonstrate that when we have pet peeves, they are almost always "other people" related.  I use it as a segue to teamwork and how it enhances chances of survival. 

Then for the pool segment I ask if there are non swimmers in the crowd, grab one by the arm and toss them in the deep end.  Then I looked at the others who are stunned and say "You realize that person can't swim? They just said it"  "Why are you all standing here?"  :)  I am nasty but it drives that teamwork thing home. 

• Heart 2

Then for the pool segment I ask if there are non swimmers in the crowd, grab one by the arm and toss them in the deep end.  Then I looked at the others who are stunned and say "You realize that person can't swim? They just said it"  "Why are you all standing here?"  :)  I am nasty but it drives that teamwork thing home. 

I hope someone runs over and grabs a pole. So you don't end up with a mess at the bottom of the pool

Oh..I don't have any pet peeves. except drivers who don't pull over while holding up a line of traffic while going over mountain passes

Edited by Scrapr

The reason I ask this at the beginning of a two day class is to demonstrate that when we have pet peeves, they are almost always "other people" related.  I use it as a segue to teamwork and how it enhances chances of survival. 

Man, that is eville!

• Heart 1

This is the sort of training I put my faith in.  The military seems to do this more than those in the civilian world.  Perhaps they are less afraid to shock people with reality.

#1, Bullies.  Round them all up and put them in an enviroment where they are subjected to an eternal regiment of 50% fear and 50% guilt and shame.

After that, people who don't use turn signals, people who throw butts when there's an ash can ten feet away, persons who value processes and decorum over humanity and people.

Oh, and people who insist my job can't be that hard, but they're calling me to fix their computer or network issue, or insisting it was fine until that IT guy was here.

• Heart 2

#1, Bullies.  Round them all up and put them in an enviroment where they are subjected to an eternal regiment of 50% fear and 50% guilt and shame.

After that, people who don't use turn signals, people who throw butts when there's an ash can ten feet away, persons who value processes and decorum over humanity and people.

Oh, and people who insist my job can't be that hard, but they're calling me to fix their computer or network issue, or insisting it was fine until that IT guy was here.

So Wilbur is right - people!  Their the worst!

I spent all last week with a contractor doing an IT-type upgrade.  It is amazing that something that is so simple on the outside is so fricken; complicated on the inside!  Bill Gates is the worst!

So Wilbur is right - people!  Their the worst!

I spent all last week with a contractor doing an IT-type upgrade.  It is amazing that something that is so simple on the outside is so fricken; complicated on the inside!  Bill Gates is the worst!

It ain't Gates, though.  All of it takes work.  Firewalls. Programmable switches.  IP phones and cameras. "Can you connect my Mac to this business network?". Servers, be they Windows or Linux.

Some people actually get that it takes work, that's why they call us.  Other people don't --and yet those people understand why they need a car mechanic, or a plumber, or a dentist.  Different things, similar underlying reasons.  As I've told a few people before, "It may be computers, but it isn't binary where because A happened, it must be B.  It's more like health care; one physical symptom could be caused by five possible things, and I have to rule all of them out, and once in awhile, it's caused by thing six, the one that never happens."

• Heart 1