Do you like things a certain way?

Randomguy

My doctor apologized to me the other day for taking so much time to give me my epidural steroid injection.  He said he has a little OCD.  I told him I did, too, and that he should take all the time he needs, no hurry.

I think it is probably an excellent trait for a doctor to have a little OCD.  :)

FeRW has a horrible habit, it pisses me off every time I see, although I should be used to it.  If you open a bottle of say, ibuprofen or somesuch, do you peel away all the bits of foil or paper sealing, or do you just puncture it enough to get one to pass through and leave it at that?  Most time, the plastic shrink wrap isn't even peeled away from the outer packaging, either.  If RO gets a stuffed animal, often the tag is left on, or if it is taken off, only the tag is removed but the plastic thingy that holds it on is still attached.

This bugs the shit out of me, and feel it is disrespectful to anyone that has to use that after.  It is really trashy, too, like the trailer you grew up in had no one there to instruct you how to look after rudimentary details.  She is from NJ, though, you really can't expect much from those people.

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

FeRW has a horrible habit, it pisses me off every time I see, although I should be used to it.  If you open a bottle of say, ibuprofen or somesuch, do you peel away all the bits of foil or paper sealing, or do you just puncture it enough to get one to pass through and leave it at that?  Most time, the plastic shrink wrap isn't even peeled away from the outer packaging, either.  If RO gets a stuffed animal, often the tag is left on, or if it is taken off, only the tag is removed but the plastic thingy that holds it on is still attached.

This bugs the shit out of me, and feel it is disrespectful to anyone that has to use that after.  It is really trashy, too, like the trailer you grew up in had no one there to instruct you how to look after rudimentary details.  She is from NJ, though, you really can't expect much from those people.

I have and am known for cutting the foil as close to the top of the bottle that I can. I sometimes use a razor blade to get a crisp line on the foil as well as my cocaine. Aways... the foil must be removed!  

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

You get a sharp knife and you surgically remove all that superflous sealing crap!  If I ever sink so low as to being a bottle sealing robot, will one of you promise to toss me in a car crusher?

• Heart 2

17 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Sometimes I just poke it with the back of a fork and shove my finger through making a big enough hole for the pills to get through.  It isn't a big deal, I will get a new chance on the foil of a new bottle next month.

I do remove tags and the plastic things.  I hate itchy tags.  The entire tag comes off, as soon as I go to wear it.

I am super picky about food, in regards to prep as well as quality.

13 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Sometimes I just poke it with the back of a fork and shove my finger through making a big enough hole for the pills to get through.  It isn't a big deal, I will get a new chance on the foil of a new bottle next month.

You are awful!!!  Please change your horrible ways this instant!

29 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I will also arrange your bills to face the same way in your wallet.

I am not so great with cash.  The cash I have on hand is crumpled up and found in different areas of my bike bag. I just grab it and shove it in my bag somewhere.

Usually, I use plastic. 

7 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

This whole thread makes me smile! These things are only a 'problem' if you let them be.  As you grow older, you will realize what is really important in life.:whistle:

One day my boss was doing what bosses do when I told him.....One day you will wake up and realize that there is only one thing that's in portent and this not it. 

When I woke up in a room hooked up to a bunch of machines and a nurse says welcome back.  That was the point where all my priorities changed. 

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Exactly.  A really good bowel movement.   :hapydance:

Way back when I started in the business the definition of a perfect flight was..

The second officer got laid.

The first officer had a good landing.

The captain had a good bowel movement. 

:)  

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

We just hired people to clean the house.  My wife has been wanting to do this forever.  After they leave, most things are in a "similar" place to where they were, but never exactly the same.  It takes some getting used to.

Yeah, well...WoScrapr would "pre clean" for the cleaning woman. Didn't want her to think we were slobs or anything

1 minute ago, Scrapr said:

Yeah, well...WoScrapr would "pre clean" for the cleaning woman. Didn't want her to think we were slobs or anything

We've been decent about this.  The first time was hard, my desk was a disaster, took me week just to find the surface.  We had a lot of stuff to put away.  I find we're generally less slobby because we know they are coming.  Now we don't dust, vacuum, wash the floors...

16 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

These things are only a 'problem' if you let them be. 

I can see why you might say this, and in isolation, any one thing is no big deal.  Even lots of things are no big deal.  When it is everything, it is a big deal.