Jump to content

Van life modified


Dirtyhip
 Share

Recommended Posts

I still think the van conversion is a great way to road trip,  Anyone who thinks that living in one for a year straight or somesuch sounds a bit deluded.  Damn, I want one, though, it would be so great to visit people all over the country and not have to get a hotel along the way, or to not have to set up a tent in the rain if you have gone camping.

The "van life" subsegment in the video seem nice but a bit insufferable.  Living in one while your house is finished my be doable though, depending on how far along you are on the construction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

I still think the van conversion is a great way to road trip,  Anyone who thinks that living in one for a year straight or somesuch sounds a bit deluded.  Damn, I want one, though, it would be so great to visit people all over the country and not have to get a hotel along the way, or to not have to set up a tent in the rain if you have gone camping.

The "van life" subsegment in the video seem nice but a bit insufferable.  Living in one while your house is finished my be doable though, depending on how far along you are on the construction.

Part of the year, and part of the year in a regular house.  We need to work a little bit to pay for health care.  

Otherwise, our financial needs should be pretty simple. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Airehead said:

Spot that we made for @Parr8hed and his rig is always waiting for you. 

We will get up there one day.  Promise!

 

I am glad that you are into the van life.  Parts of it are very appealing to me.  Mine will be slightly modified.  Big diesel truck and a big 5th wheel.  I  plan to continue working, just not nearly as much as I am now.  Campgrounds with water and electric.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

We've got parking, but would offer a guestroom, bed, and shower as well.

I was talking to K about visiting you.  I want to jump off the steps at the Chubb trail.  Those look fun.

1 hour ago, Parr8hed said:

I am glad that you are into the van life.  Parts of it are very appealing to me.  Mine will be slightly modified.  Big diesel truck and a big 5th wheel.  I  plan to continue working, just not nearly as much as I am now.  Campgrounds with water and electric.  

That is sort of our plan.  We are really leaning towards just coming back home to Klamath and banging out some hours to make our insurance premiums.  

Our setup here and the cost is insanely low. 

Also, in seeing G's recent progress, even I am getting intimidated to ride with his young athletic self.  Although, I bet my husband and I could have fun with some harder techy riding on the trail with him.  MTB totally helps CX competitors. There were several races that I won, merely because I had less fear.  On the wide open sprint, I tend to die.  Give me a bumpy trail with a teeter totter, and I'll close some gaps.

9 hours ago, Airehead said:

Spot that we made for @Parr8hed and his rig is always waiting for you. 

Oh heck yes! I'm a great dog walker too.

 

12 hours ago, BR46 said:

If you ever end up around where we are racing I'll let you be my monkey.  For real

Seriously.  WOOOOOHOOO!!!!!!!!!   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...