So how do you like your mashed taters?

Ralphie

I made a batch tonight to go with some dried oot rotisserie chicken white meat, and it is marvelous!  I got just the right amount of milk and butter for that creamy texture without being watered down, which is easy to do since I use 1% and not condensed milk.  Served with cukes, onions, and peppers - mmmm!

• Heart 3

3 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I made a batch tonight to go with some dried oot rotisserie chicken white meat, and it is marvelous!  I got just the right amount of milk and butter for that creamy texture without being watered down, which is easy to do since I use 1% and not condensed milk.  Served with cukes, onions, and peppers - mmmm!

I usually add only about half the milk and then judge the consistency after whipping and add more as necessary.  Ditto with the butter.  A bit at a time does it.

• Awesome 1

9 minutes ago, Further said:

I load the hell out of them.

Cheese, sour cream, milk, butter, garlic, chopped steak or chicken or shrimp or whatever, chopped veggies....

A one bowl meal    ?‍♂️

That is my wife’s philosophy with the sour cream and cheese, which is tasty, but I like a more subtle au naturale or at least minimalist style with just milk and butter. 

• Awesome 1

5 hours ago, MickinMD said:

I like my mashed potatoes lumpy, but Idahoan doesn't make them like that.

My resulting favorite is four cheese mashed potatoes.

image.png.8b29f4b1bffd2ce7a681b23c584e2230.png

I made them from a box when I first moved oot of the parents’ hoose, but went back to real a few years later when I realized it was snot that much more work. 

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I liked them with lots of butter and whole milk, or even cream, maybe a little black pepper.  I haven't had them in many years.

Are you avoiding the potato or the butter & cream/milk?  I’d think there is a vegan way of making mashed potatoes, olive oil and soy milk?

4 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Potatoes, egg, milk...

My daughter has a gluten intolerance so potato has become a staple in her diet.  I cook a lot of dishes with potato in it for her.  That & rice but my body seems to tolerate potato better than rice.