HELP!!! I'M SERIOUSLY CONFUSED.

Indy

Wife said tonight I was right about the convertible and I really made a good choice in the one I picked.

I'm really scared now and don't know what to do.

Wife prior to getting the convertible, "you know I will not ride in that with the top down."

Wife since getting it, "Let's take the convertible."

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Wife said tonight I was right about the convertible and I really made a good choice in the one I picked.

Wife prior to getting the convertible, "you know I will not ride in that with the top down."

Similar thing here.  She loves her Tesla, but takes my car sometimes, and puts the top down.  She hates wind.  I think she likes my car more than I do.

• Heart 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

My convertible days were over by the time I met my wife. I’m sure she would have liked my convertibles. I had a new Chevy van and some motorcycles when we met. She liked them.

57 Chevy was a convertible?  What others?

I started with a pos fiat 850 spider, followed by a 1966 mg midget.  Then took a break from them until 2006 when I bought the del sol. I had a hardtop mg, a 1972 mgb-gt. 

12 hours ago, Indy said:

You: "Who are you and what have you done with my wife?"

FIFY

• Haha 2

I had a 1963 Oldsmobile F85 cutlass convertible with an all aluminum 215 cubic inch V8 engine that only ran on hi test gas. It was an amazing car but I got more interested in off road vehicles and I never drove it anymore. I also owned a 63 Ford Falcon Futura convertible with a V8 and a stick shift. I went through a bunch of rear tires with that car.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

What did you she get?

2011 Infiniti G37.  She's only driven it a couple times, I can't afford for her to drive it often because I would go through to many back tires.  She has a habit of lighting the tires up off a stop, she says it's accidental, but the evil smile when she does it says otherwise.

• Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

2011 Infiniti G37.  She's only driven it a couple times, I can't afford for her to drive it often because I would go through to many back tires.  She has a habit of lighting the tires up off a stop, she says it's accidental, but the evil smile when she does it says otherwise.

I know the drill. My wife is hard on brakes! I baby them and she does snot!

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Is it fun to drive with her?

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

Is it fun to drive with her?

The kids would say yes.  I worried she is going to ram someone half the time, though she has never had a wreck in her life.  She's aggressive on the gas and the brake, but doesn't like to change lanes.  So she's female and makes no sense and that pretty much defines her driving too.

• Heart 1

I cured womaxx's interest in convertibles by renting one for a vacation in Florida.  Things she learned were, the necessity of bigger air conditioning systems while riding with the top down in August in Florida and what it's like driving through a monsoon in a ragtop, not being able to hear yourself think and dodging the inevitable drips.  Top up, the fabric radiated heat like and oven and then I mentioned New England winter cold and snow.

Problem solved.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I know the drill. My wife is hard on brakes! I baby them and she does snot!

She would love the brakes on my car then, you lightly push on them the car barely starts to slow, push a little more and you launch everyone through the front windshield.  Gas pedal is about the same, gentle push the car slowly rolls off, give it just a little more and it launches.  It doesn't do in between driving well, it's either annoying old person sunday driver mode or mad maniac.  It's fun.

• Awesome 1

3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I cured womaxx's interest in convertibles by renting one for a vacation in Florida.  Things she learned were, the necessity of bigger air conditioning systems while riding with the top down in August in Florida and what it's like driving through a monsoon in a ragtop, not being able to hear yourself think and dodging the inevitable drips.  Top up, the fabric radiated heat like and oven and then I mentioned New England winter cold and snow.

Problem solved.

Hardtop convertible, problems solved.  Well, unless you want trunk space with the top down, that is a little bit of an issue.

69879_10555_7960_800600.jpg

1 minute ago, Indy said:

She would love the brakes on my car then, you lightly push on them the car barely starts to slow, push a little more and you launch everyone through the front windshield.  Gas pedal is about the same, gentle push the car slowly rolls off, give it just a little more and it launches.  It doesn't do in between driving well, it's either annoying old person sunday driver mode or mad maniac.  It's fun.

I am probably better off in my boring civic. I do not handle temptation well.  :D

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

I know I can't resist temptation.  I know because womaxx grabs on to the door handle when I enter highway exit ramps.

I don't have to worry about that yet, a G37 is basically a Nissan 370Z with a back seat.  My problem is getting up the nerve to push it hard enough.  Roads around me are really twisty, so as you are coming up to them your brain is telling you to slow down, though the car is fine with you not doing it.  I'm in several G37 groups, and the amount of guys tracking these cars pretty much says a lot and that is before you get to the guys building them up as full time track cars, some of those are insane.

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

I don't have to worry about that yet, a G37 is basically a Nissan 370Z with a back seat.  My problem is getting up the nerve to push it hard enough.  Roads around me are really twisty, so as you are coming up to them your brain is telling you to slow down, though the car is fine with you not doing it.  I'm in several G37 groups, and the amount of guys tracking these cars pretty much says a lot and that is before you get to the guys building them up as full time track cars, some of those are insane.

Picking up the inside rear wheel aka front wheel drive racing style is bound to excite the passengers.  Modern anti skid systems have somewhat eased that situation.

2 minutes ago, team scooter said:

Miata fixed that problem. Their convertible hard tops fold down behind the seats to allow use of the trunk, up or down. 

trunk.jpg

It's also a lot less top to try to store, so that also helps.  But top up, I have a lot of trunk space.  When we go to the grocery and wife says, let's take the vert, it's no issue, just put the top up for the return trip.  It's either that or pile all the groceries on top of the kids.  Though Fin complains when she has to hold the jumbo jug of laundry detergent and a couple cases of pop while Graham holds the bag of potato chips.  Maybe letting Graham help load groceries in the car isn't one of my best ideas.

My wife has talked for years about wanting a convertible.  Now that the kids are out and we can afford it, and need to update, she's talking Tesla 3.   I am SO not a fan of that car, and don't doubt she'd be bored when the novelty wears off.  We rented a 4 series convertible in teh Keys last year, she loved it, but I think she's afraid of spending the money.  For some reason she thinks the Tesla is cheap.,

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, 12string said:

My wife has talked for years about wanting a convertible.  Now that the kids are out and we can afford it, and need to update, she's talking Tesla 3.   I am SO not a fan of that car, and don't doubt she'd be bored when the novelty wears off.  We rented a 4 series convertible in teh Keys last year, she loved it, but I think she's afraid of spending the money.  For some reason she thinks the Tesla is cheap.,

The thing that would annoy me, everything being touch screen.

Is she thinking the savings in fuel off set the cost?  While that can be true, you have to figure how much gas you can buy for the cost difference and how much you drive.  Since I'm cheap and always buy used, the cost difference buys me a lot of gas for a long time.