How long can you stand on one leg?

Road Runner

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

You people aren't taking this seriously.  :(

Yoga again for stretching and balance. Use a chair to hang on to and practice standing on one foot..heck stand on both feet..feet together and close your eyes..you will sway..but you will improve!

Look for a chair yoga class...and...have that surgery....if you pick the right time...I would spend a week at your place helping you recover..but I think there are resources out there that can help with that.

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

When I coached track and cross country, we used to stretch when warming up and did one called a "Superman Stretch."

I found the one below with a Google image search, but the one we did grabbed and held the ankle that's in the air with the hand reaching back, to add a quad stretch of the leg in the air while working on the balancing muscles of the other leg, and we held it for 15-30 seconds for each leg.

When I resumed coaching in 1998 after some years off, I was out of shape and when I stretched with the kids, the teenagers would fall over laughing when I tried to balance myself on one leg for up to 30 seconds.

After a while, I was ok doing the Superman Stretch.  So if you can't stand on one leg for long, work on it for a while and worry only if you don't improve your one-leg balance.

image.png.f0af55d698d9d6cf7b4b46e0cde511f8.png

• Heart 1