How many helmets do you have?

BR46

WOChrisL & I have a couple we have retired but haven’t thrown out.  Not counting those WOChrisL has one and I have two, one MTB and one road helmet. But I generally just use my road helmet for both.

Both of my helmets are black and I really wanted white moreso for higher visibility but when purchasing the only ones in my size were black.  I don’t find them hot if anyone had concerns about wearing a black helmet.

2 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I would feel hot. Black absorbs heat. I would like to be seen in evening/night/early morning. Also having dark hair, it doesn't make sense. I should take advantage of bright colour contrasts.

You would not be hot in a well ventilated black helmet. If you look at my black Pneumo in my pic. You'd see a good amount of vents and not visible,  are plenty of air air channels flowing under the shell. 

Hardly a hot helmet. 😉

41 minutes ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Speaking of purchasing helmets. I've walked into local bike shops, , asked what I'm looking for, , helmets. .

Oh, the beginner helmet section is over there. 😒

Guess I just don't look like a cyclist. 😆

I get that sometimes at the motorcycle shop when I'm looking at racing leathers. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I actually dislike my all orange helmet...it's too singular in 1 bright colour. However I was desperate to get helmet a yr. later when in Vancouver for 2 wks. at that time, after I previously trashed my helmet during my cycling accident with another cyclist.

You need to invest in some cooler helmets. 😄

My orange helmet is actually 2 shades of orange and the light shade has an imprinted pattern in it (small squares).

Then the black helmet has gray striping that form frames along the helmet exactly like the pink flames on Gina's helmet, just not as noticeable. 

20220522_180843.jpg

20220522_180922.jpg

20220522_181239.jpg

Bikes2.jpg

2 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Speaking of purchasing helmets. I've walked into local bike shops, , asked what I'm looking for, , helmets. .

Oh, the beginner helmet section is over there. 😒

Guess I just don't look like a cyclist. 😆

If they don’t recognize you they assume you are new to the sport. The bike shops all recognize me when I walk in.

4 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

If they don’t recognize you they assume you are new to the sport. The bike shops all recognize me when I walk in.

In a 30 mile radius. We have about 60 bike shops.  I can't afford to be recognized at all 60. 😆 I do my own mechanics, builds, wheel builds and everything so I dont have much reason to visit shops anymore.   😄We were just passing by when we decided to drop in.

• Heart 1

I have one helmet I wear most of the time. Another helmet with Da Brim to keep the sun off. I don’t wear that one much anymore because it didn’t seem to make any difference in the amount of sun damage I got on my face and ears. I use a lot of sun block. One more helmet in my bike stuff cabinet, not sure why I stopped wearing that one. Esther had two helmets that she didn’t wear. One is now in Ravenna with Esther’s bike. I have two motorcycle helmets. One is full of dirt and has flowers growing in it. The other one is on the scare crow for the garden. I don’t own any motorcycles now.

Wife and I have four bicycle helmets. But the motorcycle and snowmobile helmets, I have no idea. 

These are a couple of pics of the downstairs snowmo closet. We've got other helmets stuffed in other closets throughout the house too. We can purge a few but we do use most of them. Different types of rides, different gear. Half, 3/4, full face, mod, mod with bluetooth, etc.

helmet 1.jpg

helmet 2.jpg

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1