I've Passed This Guy A Couple Times Lately

Razors Edge

...both time in the same outfit.  I am not sure if next time I tell him that the lycra is transparent?  It's an eyeful and really not fair to folks approaching from behind.  I don't know what the proper protocol is for this - ignore (and hope he has a SO or friend to tell him) or alert (and save him continued embarrassment)? 

image.png.0a197167d91644857af2cad2da5e41a8.png

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

That is a huge butt. I wonder how long he has been riding? I wonder how much he weighs? What size shorts does he need? Do they even make them that big? I think I saw on Rattlecan’s Facebook group one time someone posted a link to a website that sell bike clothes for large people

• Heart 1

WoW is size challenged on cycling clothes. I understand his challenges. Still, if they are out riding, it sure beats sitting on the couch! I was never that large in the butt, but when I first started wearing cycling shorts, I had to get over myself and how I hated my belly hanging over the waist! I still have some belly but I now don’t look out of place on a bike. 

• Heart 1

On 7/9/2022 at 7:46 PM, Mr. Beanz said:

I saw a nicely built chick wearing a pair similar to that. 

She was hot but doesn't matter how hot you are, ass Crack just isn't attractive on the bike. 

Pretty much this.  This isn't remotely about the size of the guy/gal, but rather the transparency of lycra at some point.  My bike shorts first wear out on the leg panel, so when I can see a trace of my pasty thighs through the lycra, it is time to rotate them into "emergency" use, and order a new pair to replace them.  

Having seen this guy a couple times in the past few days wearing those shorts, I realize he isn't wearing them as "emergency" shorts but as primary shorts.  I get everyone can't have a nice rotation of kit, but when you are limited to fewer pieces, it is good to stay on top of them and make sure you're not in the situation he is.  The problem, especially for a newer rider, is being aware that a pair of shorts off the body might look perfectly good, but pull them on, and the stretch over even my scrawny ass and legs will open the weave a bit on many shorts, and washing many times will also pull out fibers, so over time (and likely with sun and sweat exposure) the lycra breaks down.  If you aren't looking in a mirror with them on or don't have a SO/riding buddy to tell you to check your crack, you end up with what he has, and are up to the mercy of strangers giving you embarrassing advice.

He also wears earbuds, so the easiest - slow, speak a few words about the shorts, and move on - approach is a bit more cumbersome as it generally is a PITA to try to engage in any form of discussion with folks wearing earbuds. :(