Boondocking

Rattlecan

Normally it is the other way around. Almost automatic at Cracker Barrel while WalMart withdrawing the practice and prohibiting overnight. You may have gotten bad advise from the cashier. Always make note of the manager's name you talked to. Also, while you stayed at WalMart, it should be noted that some WalMart prohibit (as would Cracker Barrel) with the increasing practice of local government passing an ordinance prohibiting anywhere in their jurisdiction.

Here is a still from the video.

Trailer.jpg

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tizeye said:

Normally it is the other way around. Almost automatic at Cracker Barrel while WalMart withdrawing the practice and prohibiting overnight. You may have gotten bad advise from the cashier. Always make note of the manager's name you talked to. Also, while you stayed at WalMart, it should be noted that some WalMart prohibit (as would Cracker Barrel) with the increasing practice of local government passing an ordinance prohibiting anywhere in their jurisdiction.

Here is a still from the video.

Trailer.jpg

Thanks. The other alternative is truck stops. Might look for one for tonight so we can grab a shower.

26 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Aiming for somewhere between Atlanta and Macon today.

We've never been turned down at Cracker Barrel. 

The Walmart's in green will allow parking. 

Screenshot_20240202-065807_Chrome.thumb.jpg.716920e8e2a48e5576c8da0419d3f541.jpg

These are my Goto apps for camping and traveling

lets ya know where to camp for free (top three apps) the others are more for hiking IMG_7057.thumb.png.d1102c0f258ac78bde99b4490a8c2e6c.png

FreeRoam is the best and looks like you have a lot of options between the two cities

IMG_7058.thumb.png.db3d2fb38014a8d471bd95fdeb6722a9.png

• Thank You 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Can someone here explain how truck stops work for RC?  :)

Some truck stops have specific spots for overnight RV parking. Some park with the truckers but some truckers don’t like it as they’re working and required by law to rest a certain number of hours before going back on the road. They view the RVs as being on vacation and taking a spot from a working man. Of course, the RV could be housing a pimp and lot lizards too, so maybe they’re working too. I dunno.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

52 minutes ago, KrAzY said:

I just loaded the RV parky app in my phone. 

I like that it has low clearance warnings on its maps 

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, KrAzY said:

lets ya know where to camp for free (top three apps) the others are more for hiking IMG_7057.thumb.png.d1102c0f258ac78bde99b4490a8c2e6c.png

FreeRoam is the best and looks like you have a lot of options between the two cities

IMG_7058.thumb.png.db3d2fb38014a8d471bd95fdeb6722a9.png

Thanks. Will definitely download this 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Either one can put you in an early grave 

I was always fortunate. When hauling goats to and from Texas, I would try to go through Denver in the middle of the night and then stop at the Flying J in Cheyenne. Particularly if it was snowing, I would pull the pu and trailer in between two semis for protection and take a snooze. No-one ever said anything, but I also left pretty early in the morning..

• Heart 4

3 hours ago, BR46 said:

I just loaded the RV parky app in my phone. 

I like that it has low clearance warnings on its maps 

That’s definitely a bonus, I also like how you can use the filter and shadow out places your not wanting to see, but they still show on the maps. 

• Heart 2

27 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

I was always fortunate. When hauling goats to and from Texas, I would try to go through Denver in the middle of the night and then stop at the Flying J in Cheyenne. Particularly if it was snowing, I would pull the pu and trailer in between two semis for protection and take a snooze. No-one ever said anything, but I also left pretty early in the morning..

Today’s lunch stop.

A32591B1-73B1-4D85-B40E-3B47473022C9.jpeg

• Heart 3

8 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Where and why? Let us know if you like and/or recommend it.  Always nice to have some options for when we get down that way.

Kissimmee Lake State Park

Looks lovely so far,  It was dark by the time we were set up so no pictures till tomorrow,

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

...and this is why the Kissimmee park rung a bell!  I still need to get on the ball! 

You definitely have to be on the ball to get a reservation. There are only 60 sites and they book up in minutes when reservations open 11 months in advance.

We will have to get right on next year's booking as soon as we get home March first.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Rattlecan said:

Kissimmee Lake State Park

Looks lovely so far,  It was dark by the time we were set up so no pictures till tomorrow,

That is a very rural State Park! Was surprised how far out was from Lake Wales which, other than the camp store have to commute to the city for provision as very limited outside the gate. Nice park and campsites set back with vegetation between sites. A lot of trails throughout the area. Also, check time the Cow Camp is staffed as it steps back in time, and the "camping" ranger speaks only of the 1800's and the cattle drives following the Kissimmee and Peace River basin to port at Naples.

While that is flat terrain through the woods, if you brought you mountain bike, one of the two mountain biking meccas is near your sister just north of Bradenton - Alafia River State Park, which also has camping. It is a former phosphate mining area with trails built in the pits.

Lake Kissimmee SP-2500px-1.jpg

Lake Kissimmee SP-2500px-13.jpg

• Heart 2