Do you ever impress yourself?

bikeman564™

I do :) many times actually. I just read a report that I wrote for product testing I did in 2004, which was 7½ years into my career.  After reading it, I'm impressed that someone this fresh did such a fine job. Even though its me :D Between 2001-2003 I was also involved in a design project where I did design, testing & reporting. I worked closely w/ an engineer from Eaton, which is who the assembly is for.  I still remember him saying "this is fun", referring to all testing & such. Because we took products to the breaking point. And, yes this type of work is a lot of fun. I'm very thankful for my boss letting me run with this type of stuff. It definitely helped me out, & build confidence & knowledge.

• Awesome 3
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I do :) many times actually. I just read a report that I wrote for product testing I did in 2004, which was 7½ years into my career.  After reading it, I'm impressed that someone this fresh did such a fine job. Even though its me :D Between 2001-2003 I was also involved in a design project where I did design, testing & reporting. I worked closely w/ an engineer from Eaton, which is who the assembly is for.  I still remember him saying "this is fun", referring to all testing & such. Because we took products to the breaking point. And, yes this type of work is a lot of fun. I'm very thankful for my boss letting me run with this type of stuff. It definitely helped me out, & build confidence & knowledge.

Then it's been downhill or plateauing ever since then? :flirtyeyess:

Looking back, even I'm surprised by  number of different employers I've worked for and wide range of industry sectors where I've worked.  I know I have an unusual and highly diverse range of employers in resume among my peers/in my profession.

I impressed myself for taking 10 different art courses over 4 decades, each course 8-12 wks. long in evenings and weekends, when I was working full-time. Plus producing artwork, outside of the courses too.  

Now I've been a sludge. I use my occasional blogging as a cover-up.  :flirtyeyess:

• Like 1