I bought a caw

Longjohn

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Is this a result of your car-shopping consultation with Petite from 4 years ago?

More like a conversation with her when she bought her recent one. Nobody knew she was looking and then she said she had one. Judie has been looking online for quite awhile and telling me about cars she found. This was the first time we drove to a dealership.

• Heart 4

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

I should have said FWD or 2WD. Abbreviations suck. It is front wheel drive on all the new ones, I bought the last year they sold all wheel drive.

I didn't think of two wheel drive, thought I was missing a new drive system.

1 minute ago, Longjohn said:

Esther bought her Oddesey thinking it was Four Wheel Drive I told her FWD meant front wheel drive before she signed the papers. She bought it anyway. I remember when FWD did mean four wheel drive. We are old, they change the meaning of abbreviations on us.

Yep, there was four wheel drive and rear wheel drive, auto or standard.

I remember in the early 70's a buddy had a front wheel drive Fiat, we were going through a police safety check where they looked the car over and checked your paperwork, and prolly the drivers condition. Anyway, one trooper was checking the paperwork and the other looking over the car, the car checker came up to the drivers window with a really puzzled look on his face. Asked why the snow tires were on the front ?

Mark told them it was front wheel drive. There were exclamations and mild cuss words, questions about how it drove.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Airehead said:

Will we see you when you are at the falls or is it a lovey dovey trip?

It’s a lovey dovey trip on the Canadian side of the river. Not sure what we will do on Thursday. We need to pick up Jax so will probably go straight home.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

It’s a lovey dovey trip on the Canadian side of the river. Not sure what we will do on Thursday. We need to pick up Jax so will probably go straight home.

See the Horseshoe falls but go to Niagara on the Lake.  Much nicer.  Wrong time of year for a pretty drive other than the town of Niagara Falls in the rear view mirror. :) 

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

See the Horseshoe falls but go to Niagara on the Lake.  Much nicer.  Wrong time of year for a pretty drive other than the town of Niagara Falls in the rear view mirror. :) 

I’ve been up there many times but Judie wanted a get a way weekend during the middle of the week for her birthday. We love our dog but he is an attention whore. We have a nice all inclusive package and a great room. I’m guessing we will spend a lot of time in our room. :whistle:

• Heart 4

14 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Esther bought her Oddesey thinking it was Four Wheel Drive I told her FWD meant front wheel drive before she signed the papers. She bought it anyway. I remember when FWD did mean four wheel drive. We are old, they change the meaning of abbreviations on us.

Just another form of shrinkflation! :angry: Similar to adding "spread" at the end of peanut butter or "food" at the end of cheese. :(

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2024 at 6:00 PM, Further said:

Yep, there was four wheel drive and rear wheel drive, auto or standard.

I remember in the early 70's a buddy had a front wheel drive Fiat, we were going through a police safety check where they looked the car over and checked your paperwork, and prolly the drivers condition. Anyway, one trooper was checking the paperwork and the other looking over the car, the car checker came up to the drivers window with a really puzzled look on his face. Asked why the snow tires were on the front ?

Mark told them it was front wheel drive. There were exclamations and mild cuss words, questions about how it drove.

And then there was the Toronado.

• Heart 1

And then the Toronado begat this hot rod rarity, the Cimbria SS kit car.  At least one and probably more were built using not only the Toronado transmission but the full on V8 engine.  That created a mid engine monster motor car.  The following pics were from a 2016 article describing and E-bay sale.  https://bringatrailer.com/2016/09/23/mid-mounted-toronado-power-three-mile-cimbria-ss/a

Replica Kit Makes Cimbria SS Cimbria SS | eBay

I had heard rumors of one other built with an aluminium block 454 Chevrolet engine out of a can-am race car that ran a 200 mph top speed on the Department of Transportations track

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Guys are only required to know about eight colors. Any mixture of red and blue I call purple. Esther used to have a lot of colors I didn’t know. Mauve, puce, lavender, beige, etc. If a guy uses those names for colors people will think he’s gay. :D

Especially puce!  My wife once bought me a mauve and gray shirt that felt a little gay. :D

• Haha 1

On 3/28/2024 at 11:44 PM, Wilbur said:

BuffCarla and I booked a one night trip to NOTL for my birthday later in April. Haven’t been to the Canadian side since Covid began.

• Heart 3
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Guys are only required to know about eight colors. Any mixture of red and blue I call purple. Esther used to have a lot of colors I didn’t know. Mauve, puce, lavender, beige, etc. If a guy uses those names for colors people will think he’s gay. :D

Accurate statement.  Sandals, too!

1 minute ago, BuffJim said:

It hasn’t started. He’s going this week.

Ah. I was confused because he said they were picking up the car after they got back and then I saw pictures of the car.

I'm only an hour away, but they probably don't want some imaginary internet friends interrupting their honeymoon.  

30 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

How does she like it?

So far she loves it. First car she ever had with bells and whistles.

35 minutes ago, Rattlecan said:

Ah. I was confused because he said they were picking up the car after they got back and then I saw pictures of the car.

I'm only an hour away, but they probably don't want some imaginary internet friends interrupting their honeymoon.  

This isn’t the honeymoon, just the birthday celebration. The honeymoon will be in September in Canned Coon.

The car was ready to go and I was just waiting on my money from my IRA to pay for it. I decided to just get a cashiers check from my credit line and pay for the car so we can drive it to the falls. When the check comes in from my IRA owl pay back the credit line.

• Awesome 3

6 hours ago, Longjohn said:

Awesome!  I have never had a car with all the bells and whistles, maybe some bells.  

I would be all smiley if I were you right about now!

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Longjohn said:

This isn’t the honeymoon, just the birthday celebration. The honeymoon will be in September in Canned Coon.

The car was ready to go and I was just waiting on my money from my IRA to pay for it. I decided to just get a cashiers check from my credit line and pay for the car so we can drive it to the falls. When the check comes in from my IRA owl pay back the credit line.

Canned Raccoon - A Fun Gag Can of Faux Raccoon Meat!

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2
  • Yum 1