Where will you be for the eclipse?

Kirby

10 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

My brother is driving his daughter from Champaign IL to Robinson IL to watch it. Very close to @Chris... and not too far from @Parr8hed . A 2 hour drive to Ohio might get me a better view, but I’m staying put.

Robinson is 44 miles from us. Champaign is 72 miles from us and we go there quite often. My son lived there for 2 years. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

At our home.   

If the clouds don't block out the sun, we will see 92% of the sun go dark.  

Burque was in totality for last year’s annular eclipse, and 92% obscured is still a lot of sunlight. It was a little colder, but quite light outside. 

We are due for 78% coverage, but I’m not going to watch the whole three-hour process. 

• Heart 1

44 minutes ago, MoseySusan said:

Did you use a filter, eclipse glasses over the camera lens, mirror? 

On this one, no. From my primary camera using a filter, I could tell light was going to be too low during totality. I had an older body that if sensor damage happened, I could live with it. I used the filter to position the tripod and focus then took off the filter. I pressed the shutter several times near the totality. This was the best. 
BTW - no sensor damage!

• Awesome 1
  • Like 1

My crummy picture. Ah well, at least I got a little something of a pic. Just my cell phone through two welding helmet lenses. It was the very start with the lower right getting covered. We ended up with only a crescent 🌘 kinda like this!

IMG_20240408_140705646_HDR_copy_1024x1057.thumb.jpg.d4d3f09fe84600d418f98db01ea61623.jpg

PhotoPictureResizer_1712596402714_copy_768x1024.thumb.jpg.bbf902f07e2c7e4de6d5378ef14efb7e.jpg

Either inside the house or car watching it rain, at least during the times it is visible elsewhere. I've never tried to watch one, even when it is visible locally. Really never had any interest. However, I must admit watching a comet that was golden as the sun went down was pretty neat. Saw it driving to town.

Thanks for sharing your photos.