How much do you have?

Square Wheels

2 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

My wife was recounting an account she read of a man who did a SEVEN day fast (only distilled water). I was like, "Why the heck would he do that?" and she tried to spin that fasts have been proven in studies to have positive effects.  I cried BS on the 7 day one. Of all the "healthy" things a person can do, a seven day fast would not be in the top 10 (top 100? too 1,000?), and it would push the opportunity for any of those higher rated ones out of the way. 

Tom

3 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

My wife was recounting an account she read of a man who did a SEVEN day fast (only distilled water). I was like, "Why the heck would he do that?" and she tried to spin that fasts have been proven in studies to have positive effects.  I cried BS on the 7 day one. Of all the "healthy" things a person can do, a seven day fast would not be in the top 10 (top 100? too 1,000?), and it would push the opportunity for any of those higher rated ones out of the way. 

Tom

We've discussed fasts here many times over the years.  That's why n00bs need to check the archives before they just go posting stuff.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

We've discussed fasts here many times over the years.  That's why n00bs need to check the archives before they just go posting stuff.

A SEVEN day fast? I don't think so. You'd be hard pressed to find a discussion of that here!

Tom

Just now, Razors Edge said:

A SEVEN day fast? I don't think so. You'd be hard pressed to find a discussion of that here!

Tom

Speaking of 20 pounds of poop.  We've discussed all kinds of fasts here over the years.  Don't come in here and start telling us what we did and didn't discuss in the past.  SUGGESTION - have Ralph (the dredging king) teach you how to use the search function.

#n00bs

7 minutes ago, donkpow said:

I keep doing the colonoscopy flush in the hopes that I can get some propofol. I'm like, "Hey, I ready to go. Get out the scope and propofol and lets get it on."

I'm going for a colonoscopy in a week or two.  After they flush me out, I guarantee I won't weigh five lbs less than my normal morning weight, much less 20 lbs less.  If I weigh 20 lbs less, I will go to the emergency room and have them make sure I didn't poop out a major organ.

• Heart 2
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Road Runner said:

I'm going for a colonoscopy in a week or two.  After they flush me out, I guarantee I won't weigh five lbs less than my normal morning weight, much less 20 lbs less.  If I weigh 20 lbs less, I will go to the emergency room and have them make sure I didn't poop out a major organ.

If they do it right and use propofol, you won't care about how much you lost.

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, donkpow said:

If they do it right and use propofol, you won't care about how much you lost.

I will be flushed out before going for the colonoscopy.  I will weigh myself before and after flushing and report back to the forum.  :)

BTW, a lot of what comes out is water.  Most of the weight loss will probably be water.

Just now, Razors Edge said:

Give Ralph time to get off his azz and do some work around this joint!

Tom

Again, not something a noob should say while still a n00b.  Ralph is as old as dirt.  Ralph can be as mean as a snake.  Ralph is evil personified. But he's still our Ralph

Just now, Kzoo said:

Again, not something a noob should say while still a n00b.  Ralph is as old as dirt.  Ralph can be as mean as a snake.  Ralph is evil personified. But he's still our Ralph

If Ralph cared enough too show up once in a while and do his job, this conversation would be unnecessary.

Tom

4 minutes ago, Kzoo said:

You keep talking about propofol.  I keep hearing that Ohio has a serious issue with prescription drugs.  An epidemic...

So @donkpow, where you from?

Yes. I believe we lead the nation with the problem. I know that Dayton, where I live, has the biggest problem in the state. Popofol isn't really the problem, it is the opiates. There is no street equivalent to propofol. 

5 hours ago, Kzoo said:

Speaking of 20 pounds of poop.  We've discussed all kinds of fasts here over the years.  Don't come in here and start telling us what we did and didn't discuss in the past.  SUGGESTION - have Ralph (the dredging king) teach you how to use the search function.

#n00bs

This is a toughy.  You'll just have to pick through all the irrelevant crap - sorry. :D

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=fast+-speed+-faster+site%3Asquarewheelscycling.com

• Heart 1

Hmmm.  There's abit of water which adds to the weight...

Anyway, when we went to Europe last year for 2.5 wks., we had meat 90% for our dinners + cheap, good red wine.  I normally only eat meat 3-4 times per month.  Needless to say, I was abit constipated and mildly concerned during trip.  I really had to try the different local dishes and don't regret it.  My body has changed since teenage years.