Oh Man I'm Gonna Get In Trouble!

ChrisL

HR will want to talk to me soon!  J/K prolly not bit still...

So our Receptionist has a candy dish with leftover Halloween candy in it. She knows I'm diabetic and always gives me grief to stay out of the candy which I don't eat.

So she's on the phone and as I walk by she points to the jar and waives her finger like no no no... So I grab a candy, toss it at her and it bounces off her desk, ricochets off her chin and drops right in her cleavage!?!?!? 

She busts up laughing and has to put the caller on hold, I'm like oh shit I can't believe that just happened but it was kinda funny but don't want to laugh either.

She is really good natured and we get along well so I don't think anything will come of it but damn...

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

HR will want to talk to me soon!  J/K prolly not bit still...

So our Receptionist has a candy dish with leftover Halloween candy in it. She knows I'm diabetic and always gives me grief to stay out of the candy which I don't eat.

So she's on the phone and as I walk by she points to the jar and waives her finger like no no no... So I grab a candy, toss it at her and it bounces off her desk, ricochets off her chin and drops right in her cleavage!?!?!? 

She busts up laughing and has to put the caller on hold, I'm like oh shit I can't believe that just happened but it was kinda funny but don't want to laugh either.

She is really good natured and we get along well so I don't think anything will come of it but damn...

Without a photo, this story makes no sense.

Tom

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Chris... said:

Give it a week, she'll sue for harassment.

She actually already got me back.... She quietly entered my cube and threw a bunch of mail at me and scared the shit out of me.  I almost fell it of my chair!  She laughed and said now we're even!

I dont think its going to be an issue...

• Heart 2

16 hours ago, ChrisL said:

She actually already got me back.... She quietly entered my cube and threw a bunch of mail at me and scared the shit out of me.  I almost fell it of my chair!  She laughed and said now we're even!

I dont think its going to be an issue...

Ah, your new "office wife". It's nice to have one of those, until it isn't! :whistle:

Tom

• Heart 2

Office wife?  I can say I've worked with several women over the years and at one job pretty much did have an office wife.  She took care of all of my work needs and was someone I could lean on for tough projects. I also had her back and developed her professionally as well.  I left about 10 years ago but we still stay in touch.  She was an absolute wreck when I got laid off. Probably got too close but nothing inappropriate ever happened.

I don't see this becoming an office wife type situation.   Other than transferring an odd call or crossing paths in the lobby we rarely interact.  

I can't imagine showing cleavage at work. That seems pretty low cut. 

Some of the grounds crew and facilities people whistle at me when I ride by. I believe they do it cause it pisses me off.  I've not reported them for it. I don't feel like runing their lives over it. They are good about doing extra for me and when I need a favor, they tend to oblige. This helps my dept, cause i can get things done faster, and they have bent rules for me. Still, they are a bunch of sexist asses. 

• Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I can't imagine showing cleavage at work. That seems pretty low cut. 

Some of the grounds crew and facilities people whistle at me when I ride by. I believe they do it cause it pisses me off.  I've not reported them for it. I don't feel like runing their lives over it. They are good about doing extra for me and when I need a favor, they tend to oblige. This helps my dept, cause i can get things done faster, and they have bent rules for me. Still, they are a bunch of sexist asses. 

Is it sexist to use your "assets" to get people to do extra work?

(and why don't we have a runawaybeforeIgetsmacked emoticon?)

27 minutes ago, 12string said:

Is it sexist to use your "assets" to get people to do extra work?

(and why don't we have a runawaybeforeIgetsmacked emoticon?)

I like to believe that they do these things because they like me. I don't use my assets as you say. I just happen to have assets.

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I like to believe that they do these things because they like me. I don't use my assets as you say. I just happen to have assets.

If they are whistling at you, I'm thinking they like you. And they like you because of your assets. 

Tom

9 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

If they are whistling at you, I'm thinking they like you. And they like you because of your assets. 

Tom

HEY! If they want to stumble all over themselves to run over here when I have a service call, that is on them. I am not using anything or abusing power.  I don't feel guilty for looking the way I do.  

1 minute ago, Dirtyhip said:

HEY! If they want to stumble all over themselves to run over here when I have a service call, that is on them. I am not using anything or abusing power.  I don't feel guilty for looking the way I do.  

Guilty? Heck no. Feel PROUD, young lady! But don't prevent that from using it to your advantage too!

Tom

8 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I'm not judging you!  Nothing wrong with that at all!  There's a bunch of girls here at work, and when I need something done, I just go to them and............ OK, I actually have to give them gifts or money or something, but you get the point

18 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

Oh, please...

My time is limited there.  I'm probably going to quit in just a few short years.  Don't want the fallout and I'm not interested in destroying some lives. 

The thing I have learned is that when you draw attention to something you don't like, you become a target.  No thanks.  

I've already cut way back on my work schedule.  Got a good gig.  Closing in on the end zone.  :D

8 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I think that before being reported you should just tell the guys "Look man, that's not cool."  

Depends on what angle you look at it from.  As a manager, 100% intolerable.  She (DH) works for a university hospital.  Typically our HR departments are very intolerant.  If I were to look the other way and then a claim was filed, I'd be in a world of pain.  If I were the woman, and it was a one time incident with just one guy, I agree, I'd say something like hey, that's cute, but I don't appreciate it and I'd like you to stop.

It takes us over a year to terminate someone, and usually when we do, we get sued anyhow.

• Heart 1

51 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

Depends on what angle you look at it from.  As a manager, 100% intolerable.  She (DH) works for a university hospital.  Typically our HR departments are very intolerant.  If I were to look the other way and then a claim was filed, I'd be in a world of pain.  If I were the woman, and it was a one time incident with just one guy, I agree, I'd say something like hey, that's cute, but I don't appreciate it and I'd like you to stop.

It takes us over a year to terminate someone, and usually when we do, we get sued anyhow.

As having managed for years I feel the same as SW, it is unnaceptable behavior in the work place.  Remember that if another woman is a witness to this behavior and is offended or feels it's a hostile work environment she can also report them.  And once reported to management they have a legal obligation to act on the matter.

Where I work has a really casual dress code and most of the girls dress in jeans & T shirts or even work out gear.  She really wasn't wearing a low cut top, just a V neck T and it fell right in there.

17 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

As having managed for years I feel the same as SW, it is unnaceptable behavior in the work place.  Remember that if another woman is a witness to this behavior and is offended or feels it's a hostile work environment she can also report them.  And once reported to management they have a legal obligation to act on the matter.

Where I work has a really casual dress code and most of the girls dress in jeans & T shirts or even work out gear.  She really wasn't wearing a low cut top, just a V neck T and it fell right in there.

I thought you said it fell in her cleavage. Sounds like it fell down her shirt. Cleavage is like an ass crack, but for boobs. People are built differently. A shirt would have to be quite low to see mine. Some gals have it tougher. Theirs may be tough to hide. Sports bras are more my style anyway. Cover them up and strap them down. 

Regardless,  I am not going to say anything to HR. The last time it happened it was months ago. The last annoying incident was more subtle. Like, one of the guys bringing the UPS. He said "Hello, Beautiful." I just said "Hello, stupid." He quickly shut up. 

Ou HR is intolerant as well, but they have their ways of punishing those who make waves. No thanks. Someone else can be a martyr for the cause. The comments and things like that aren't worth it, IMHO. There was a recent case of harassment that I heard about and the person doing the harassing must have told their family. The daughter actually approached the accuser and was telling the person to stop the charges. Smaller communities have their positives and negatives. I don't want to bother with a few inappropriate comments or whistles.  I just stay away from their zone as much as possible. Lately, my headphones have been in more often anyways.

42 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I thought you said it fell in her cleavage. Sounds like it fell down her shirt. Cleavage is like an ass crack, but for boobs. People are built differently. A shirt would have to be quite low to see mine. Some gals have it tougher. Theirs may be tough to hide. Sports bras are more my style anyway. Cover them up and strap them down. 

Regardless,  I am not going to say anything to HR. The last time it happened it was months ago. The last annoying incident was more subtle. Like, one of the guys bringing the UPS. He said "Hello, Beautiful." I just said "Hello, stupid." He quickly shut up. 

Ou HR is intolerant as well, but they have their ways of punishing those who make waves. No thanks. Someone else can be a martyr for the cause. The comments and things like that aren't worth it, IMHO. There was a recent case of harassment that I heard about and the person doing the harassing must have told their family. The daughter actually approached the accuser and was telling the person to stop the charges. Smaller communities have their positives and negatives. I don't want to bother with a few inappropriate comments or whistles.  I just stay away from their zone as much as possible. Lately, my headphones have been in more often anyways.

I'm not really versed on women's tops but I guess it wasn't actually a "T" shirt but a V necked cotton top and she is large chested so even though her top wasn't low cut or inappropriate in my opinion several inches of cleavage was showing just due to her anatomy.  It wasn't like a V cut athletic top that yeah even on her nothing would show.  Yeah it plopped right between the boobages and down the crack. 

As long as you are comfortable with the behavior do what you think is appropriate.  Just know if a third party sees it and is offended or if a manager see's it they will have to act on it.  It would also require a statement from you and education on sexual harassment.   It is sad to me that you have to deal with that BS in the workplace.  I know it's not a perfect world but there has been a lot of education and training on the matter and I would think in a professional environment you wouldn't see that type of behavior. 

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I can understand that.

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

I'm not really versed on women's tops but I guess it wasn't actually a "T" shirt but a V necked cotton top and she is large chested so even though her top wasn't low cut or inappropriate in my opinion several inches of cleavage was showing just due to her anatomy.  It wasn't like a V cut athletic top that yeah even on her nothing would show.  Yeah it plopped right between the boobages and down the crack. 

This thread is kinda turning me on.

• Awesome 1