The family jewels...

Green Grass

...I previously mentioned that my company is undergoing due diligence by a potential purchaser.  It is an arduous process.

Yesterday they requested the most revealing of information, which if they don't proceed to a closing, they could use against us in the marketplace.  Once we release this info, there better be no turning back.  

And, best case, I think we are looking at an April 30 closing.

Pray for me that they don't prey on me.

13 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

...I previously mentioned that my company is undergoing due diligence by a potential purchaser.  It is an arduous process.

Yesterday they requested the most revealing of information, which if they don't proceed to a closing, they could use against us in the marketplace.  Once we release this info, there better be no turning back.  

How strong of a NDA do you have in place with them and what does it allow you to do as a rememedy for breach?

• Heart 1

11 minutes ago, jsharr said:

How strong of a NDA do you have in place with them and what does it allow you to do as a rememedy for breach?

It's not a boiler plate NDA...it was crafted specifically for this transaction...it covers a lot of ground.  As far as remedy, I don't remember specifically.  Probably any breach would need to be litigated...not sure.

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Goat Geddah said:

It's not a boiler plate NDA...it was crafted specifically for this transaction...it covers a lot of ground.  As far as remedy, I don't remember specifically.  Probably any breach would need to be litigated...not sure.

...I don't envy you this, you asshole.

1 hour ago, pedalphile said:

I won't.

OK, be that way.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter.  Just had a conf call with the buyer.  Due to anti-trust considerations, we have set up a "clean" data room apart from the all access data room.  So this sensitive info we disclose will be reviewed by their consultants/lawyers and then condensed into an ambiguous but somehow meaningful report to the buyer.  Meets with my satisfaction.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

1 minute ago, Goat Geddah said:

OK, be that way.

Anyhow, it doesn't matter.  Just had a conf call with the buyer.  Due to anti-trust considerations, we have set up a "clean" data room apart from the all access data room.  So this sensitive info we disclose will be reviewed by their consultants/lawyers and then condensed into an ambiguous but somehow meaningful report to the buyer.  Meets with my satisfaction.

Seriously, good luck with it.

• Heart 1

2 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

OK, be that way.

This is a good start.  We handled security issues on some DARPA research projects in this manner.  The room should have no external access to any computer line and then all you have to worry about is people trying to take discs/flash devices out.............allow no phones in either.  

Additionally, if lawyers are involved a strip search may be called for.  ;)

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

OK, be that way.

Ah. The "cone of silence" procedure.

Bose_SoundWearCompanion_Photo_ConeOfSile

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Goat Geddah said:

OK, be that way.

picture-getsmart-conesilence.jpg

1 hour ago, Airehead said:

This sounds stressful. What will you do when it is over?

Assuming it goes through, they are requiring me to stay around for 6 to 9 months.  So that takes me to the beginning of 2019 and I haven't decided what I'll do then.  I will figure out something meaningful.

11 hours ago, Goat Geddah said:

Oh, those jewels. Secure the other and you will be fine

14 hours ago, Goat Geddah said:

Assuming it goes through, they are requiring me to stay around for 6 to 9 months.  So that takes me to the beginning of 2019 and I haven't decided what I'll do then.  I will figure out something meaningful.

there is always bike riding.

4 minutes ago, Page Turner said:

...said every old guy everywhere who ever got dropped by the pack.

You are soooo wrong - again.    I get dropped but the pack early and often.  I never said I used to race.  Oh, and I'm an old guy.

Please make sure future statement are more accurate.  :)

• Heart 1