Texting app

Square Wheels

I have been using the Verizon Message+ texting app for years.  All I need is a basic app.  What I really liked about this one is that I could install it on my laptop, desktop, tablet and phone and it would sync.  That stopped working a couple of weeks ago.

I looked at the cool apps the kids use like Viber and Whatsapp, but they only seem to work app to app.  I need it to be app agnostic.

Is anyone aware of an app that does that?  The phone is Android.

13 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Oddly I can't install it on my Samsung Galaxy, Samsung tablet or either Windows PCs.

If you have a Samsung, whats wrong with the Messages app? That is what I use to send generic messages.  Other than no group text feature it seema to work well across all plarforms

26 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

If you have a Samsung, whats wrong with the Messages app? That is what I use to send generic messages.  Other than no group text feature it seema to work well across all plarforms

I'm looking for something that will sync from my phone, to my laptop, PC, tablet...  Verizon Message+ used to do that, then it stopped working.  Lots of complaints on their forum about it.

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Randomguy said:

I guess ‘Teams’ is kinda that way with the chat function, but everybody kind of has the be on that. Nobody buys Office365 for Teams on a private citizen basis, though. 

We have 365, but my work phone is also my personal phone.  It has unlimited everything, so work doesn't mind if I use it.

I just wish Verizon's worked.

31 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

I just press on the microphone icon and speak, though my texts are usually really simple like, "Thanks for the invite. Yes, I'll come to the poo; party and bring 5 lbs of good German potato salad unless you prefer something else."

@Dottie loves a good poo party.  Invite him to the next one.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

OK, read some of the reviews on Google Play, sounds a little buggy.

I just switched from Verizon+ to the built in Google text app, and am trying out Mighty Text.  That is free, but limited.  They have a paid version that I may consider for some options I could use for work.

I use it all the time and have never hit a bug... for like the last 3 years. Highly recommend.

36 minutes ago, Dottie said:
23 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

OK, read some of the reviews on Google Play, sounds a little buggy.

I just switched from Verizon+ to the built in Google text app, and am trying out Mighty Text.  That is free, but limited.  They have a paid version that I may consider for some options I could use for work.

I use it all the time and have never hit a bug... for like the last 3 years. Highly recommend. 

I'm guessing "it" = "Mighty Text"?  Free version? Pay version?