The SWC 2021 Daily and Total Mileage Thread

Square Wheels

35 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

16 miles on the flat trail. My Garmin quit reading my heart rate. I got out another chest strap I had to see if the battery in the strap was dead. It didn’t work with that strap either. I put a fresh battery in my strap I had, it wasn’t that. I rode a little faster today not knowing my heart rate. I had a headwind both ways. How is that even possible? The Garmin chest strap has the battery screwed in with four tiny screws with a goofy head that I didn’t have a screw driver to fit. I need that heart rate monitor to work. I hope I don’t have to send it back to Garmin.

You need , or used to need, a really small Phillips head to change the battery in the Garmin strap. I am guessing the battery should last at least 6 months

• Heart 1

Just now, az_cyclist said:

You need , or used to need, a really small Phillips head to change the battery in the Garmin strap. I am guessing the battery should last at least 6 months

It snot a Phillips head anymore, it’s kinda shaped like a flower. I have lots of tiny Phillips head and they didn’t fit. I got out my magnifying glass and held it in the sunlight and saw why none of them fit. I think I had one of those screwdrivers. It came in a set. I never used it, don’t know where it went. I thought maybe they shipped me a chest strap that had been on the shelf too long and the battery was almost dead when I got it. What else could it be?

2 hours ago, Longjohn said:

39.1 miles today according to Garmin. Mile markers and my bike computer showed 40.1 but I’ll give it to them. It didn’t rain today. It sprinkled a bit on my drive home.

40, wow nice! I want to be a bad ass like you when I grow up!  :party:

But your image did play tricks on my eyes for a couple of seconds. At first sight, the "T" in Township and the "ylvania" mixed together and I saw Transylvania. For a second there, thought there might be vampires posting in this thread. :runcirclsmiley:

• Heart 3
  • Haha 1