Jump to content

Now that the regular season is over, how did your team do?


ChrisL
 Share

Recommended Posts

Buccaneers first in NFC South 13-4. The 'Ain'ts are out as oof tonight too so there is that to celebrate too.

 Brady had 5316 yds, Godwin had 1100, Fournette almost got a thousand. All this with a pretty banged up team this year. Hell we're missing 30% of our top offense and we still pulled off a dazzling win.

I'll leave this here too. Pretty little statistics:
image.thumb.png.ef4dbe403f7e94bef843548fcc173fb6.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, denniS said:

Is anyone watching the Raiders-Chargers game? This is the craziest game I think I've ever seen.

The season ain't over yet.

That one was a nail-biter for the Steelers.

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, denniS said:

Is anyone watching the Raiders-Chargers game? This is the craziest game I think I've ever seen.

The season ain't over yet.

I'm really sorry I missed it.  I read it was a fantastic way to finish the regular season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, jsharrwick said:

Much better than I expected.  I predicted 8.5 and 8.5.

I'm sick of the press talking about the offense.  You guys have a good defense and it's why I think you'll be there near the end.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I believe I picked my team 10-7 and lose in the first round of the playoffs.  Instead we were 7-10 and get to skip the playoffs.  It kind of makes you wonder though doesn't it?  Arizona goes into Dallas and kicks their ass and the Seahags go into Phoenix and kick the ass.  I feel very confident that Dallas would kick our ass.

Team A beats Team B

Team B beats Team C

Team C beats Team A

 

Welcome to NFL 2021 regular season.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, smudge said:

My team did quite well overall, but they lost to the Lions yesterday.  I'm actually happy for the Lions. 

As i understand it, they sat guys.  For instance, Rodgers didn't play the second half.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Washington Team Football (WTF) sucked as expected. It’s like when you go to Vegas with $100 and come home with $100. 

I would say that was a good trip.  You break even out of Vegas and you've done well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Dottles said:

The Colts lost to the 2-14 Jags.  I mean 3-14.  Bummer Indy.  They pulled a Seattle.

Or did they pull a Rams? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dottles said:

As i understand it, they sat guys.  For instance, Rodgers didn't play the second half.

Correct. Jordan Love threw a couple interceptions. 

I think the Lions will be a much improved team next year. They are starting to believe in themselves and coming together as a team.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

My team - the Eagles - scraped into the playoffs by simply being better than a lot of more awful teams.  Like the rest of the league, though, they are peppered with injuries and inconsistency.  I guess I expect them to always make the playoffs, but I also always expect them to struggle, so whatever happens is expected :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Ravens had a rare, losing season, 8-9, thanks to, by far, the NFL's most injuries.  A few weeks ago the Ravens had 33 on the injured list and had 15 defensive players on the 53 man squad.  And that's not counting losing for the year several All-Pros and near All-Pros before the season and in the first few weeks, including all the running backs.

The Ravens were 6-1 and the #1 seed in the AFC, then went 2-8, including one-point losses to the Steelers, Packers, and Rams.

They should be super next year, though 2021 may have shown that Lamar Jackson has trouble finding receivers and can't handle frequent blitzing.  We'll see when he's healthy next year: I hope he finally got COVID shots: COVOD has wrecked his endurance during two different infections.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Pats are in the playoffs, largely thanks to that midseason run of 6 or so wins that had people talking Super Bowl.  I don't think anyone's talking about that now, and I don't expect them to get past the Bills (in fact I have a feeling that's going to be one ugly game for NE).

Weird season, as a lot of teams (like Miami, Arizona) had winning streaks where they looked very good if not unstoppable.

Can't say I don't also follow Tampa Bay now that TB is there... I think they have as good a shot as anyone.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

The Ravens had a rare, losing season, 8-9, thanks to, by far, the NFL's most injuries.  A few weeks ago the Ravens had 33 on the injured list and had 15 defensive players on the 53 man squad.  And that's not counting losing for the year several All-Pros and near All-Pros before the season and in the first few weeks, including all the running backs.

The Ravens were 6-1 and the #1 seed in the AFC, then went 2-8, including one-point losses to the Steelers, Packers, and Rams.

They should be super next year, though 2021 may have shown that Lamar Jackson has trouble finding receivers and can't handle frequent blitzing.  We'll see when he's healthy next year: I hope he finally got COVID shots: COVOD has wrecked his endurance during two different infections.

We had our first losing season in 10 years. It happens. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Man, I didn't see that happening.  Time to rebuild? New coach? New QB? The whole system?

Neither did I.  I read an article that Pete Carrol & the GM are  meeting with the owner to decide next steps.  It looks like the next steps are with Carrol as coach but who knows.  

Bigger question is if Wilson returns. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I expected the Eagles to go 4-32, so a winning record and playoff berth is a huge overachievement.  And the Colts did us a solid locking in a 1st round pick at worst 18th.  

I don't think anyone in the playoffs wants to deal with that running game.  Maybe shaping up to be the best ever.  That very young O line has some dominant players, especially on the left.  Those 2 are fun to watch, they have just demolished a lot of defenders.  The RBs are averaging 3.5 yards before anyone touches them.

I like that none of the starters played against the Cowgirls.  With 3 first round picks, it was important to see how the scrubs can play against a 1st string in a regular season team.  I think they'll be picking some D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, smudge said:

Correct. Jordan Love threw a couple interceptions. 

I think the Lions will be a much improved team next year. They are starting to believe in themselves and coming together as a team.

You may be right, the  Lions could be an up & comer. They played well late in the season and were competitive in several close losses.  That tells me they have good coaching & the players are buying in.

 They also have 4 1st round picks over the next two years due to the Stafford & Goff trade so if they draft well, yeah they could be tough in a few years. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

You may be right, the  Lions could be an up & comer. They played well late in the season and were competitive in several close losses.  That tells me they have good coaching & the players are buying in.

 They also have 4 1st round picks over the next two years due to the Stafford & Goff trade so if they draft well, yeah they could be tough in a few years. 

And yet we smoked ‘em by 3 touchdowns. But those first round picks should help. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Dottles said:

And yet we smoked ‘em by 3 touchdowns. But those first round picks should help. 

The Rams also beat them up pretty good but a new coach, new QB (to the system) and a bunch of kids & skill positions.  

If they draft well the Lions could be a tough team.  Big question is do they draft a QB for the future or pin their hopes to Goff? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ChrisL said:

The Rams also beat them up pretty good but a new coach, new QB (to the system) and a bunch of kids & skill positions.  

If they draft well the Lions could be a tough team.  Big question is do they draft a QB for the future or pin their hopes to Goff? 

I agree. I have been following them this year and they lost some very close games 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...