I think I am tired of my present life....

petitepedal

Work is a zoo...working with someone with a bad attitude and well 2 people who just don't get it....contractors, designers and residents all with different expectations....then I have this allergy thing going on...and I won't even get into the struggle to find people who want to do something once an awhile...like walk or a fall color outing or even just eat a meal together...I know too many depressed people with low energy....and it is getting to me....

I'm off to bed folks...have a good night.

Work is a zoo...working with someone with a bad attitude and well 2 people who just don't get it....contractors, designers and residents all with different expectations....then I have this allergy thing going on...and I won't even get into the struggle to find people who want to do something once an awhile...like walk or a fall color outing or even just eat a meal together...I know too many depressed people with low energy....and it is getting to me....

Good night.  Maybe in the morning you'll begin to see the light.  :)

You should move, I think.  You could live in SQ's yogurt studio.

Fall bums me out.  I don't see much of the sun even in the summer, it is worse with the days getting shorter.  Hopefully the next move will be to a sunnier climate, I am ready for a change of scenery and fewer expenses.  You could have my hovel, we could trade!  You would have to scissor the wife in my absence and change a few diapers, though.

• Heart 2

Lots of options here, Petite. Down south and dump the winters. Northwest peninsula of Mi. (Traverse City area....very beautiful and growing). KT's area is lovely. Maybe start thinking about a goal/change vs. headbanging with the mopes at work.

Could this be a bad case of the post vacation blues?  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-vacation_blues

I get it most every time we go out of town, even just for the weekend. Mrs Scoot starts her new job next week after having part of the summer off (a vacation of sorts) and is already feeling the vacation blues, knowing with her new job, she probably won't be able to take any time off for the next few years. The invite is always open if you ever need to get away for a shopping/wine weekend. We even have an extra snowmobile. :)

• Heart 2

Hey pp, a lot of work places are negative, and a lot of people in general are.  I used to be for most of my life.

While this book may not change you life, I suggest it can help a lot.  It can help remove the negativity in you and help you drop the dead wood around you.  

A lot of people in my department read it, for me it helped a lot.  I realized I was a big part of my own problem.

http://www.willbowen.com/

Give it a try.

51W3Yvv9tlL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-stic

• Heart 1

Where is her job?  Is it local?  Because your commute really, really, REALLY sucks :D .....Maybe that is it....maybe the trama of the drive thru Chicago has finally worn off and now I am in post vacation blues... :whistle:

No it is a combo of mass chaos and poor communication at work....the one co-worker has always been terrible at communication and now in the chaos it just makes work so much more of a mess...I wish she would retire...she is 72...and I think she has some memory issues developing... Add to that the allergy blow up...just as I realize I need to kick my azz into the next county and drop 20 pounds... And believe it or not all this expensive bike stuff that I have to sell is also adding stress to my life...I mean I feel like I  need to get good $$$$ for the stuff or I am disappointing the guy who sold it to me :(  But I would like to get that part over and done with...And then there is my small social circle....I have branched out in my building (home) that I join my two upstairs neighbors occasionally...and they are in their late 70's and early 80's...But then...they are game to get together for a meal or do a road trip...unlike the peopel I know who are my age... :whistle:

Where is her job?  Is it local?  Because your commute really, really, REALLY sucks :D .....Maybe that is it....maybe the trama of the drive thru Chicago has finally worn off and now I am in post vacation blues... :whistle:

No it is a combo of mass chaos and poor communication at work....the one co-worker has always been terrible at communication and now in the chaos it just makes work so much more of a mess...I wish she would retire...she is 72...and I think she has some memory issues developing... Add to that the allergy blow up...just as I realize I need to kick my azz into the next county and drop 20 pounds... And believe it or not all this expensive bike stuff that I have to sell is also adding stress to my life...I mean I feel like I  need to get good $$$$ for the stuff or I am disappointing the guy who sold it to me :(  But I would like to get that part over and done with...And then there is my small social circle....I have branched out in my building (home) that I join my two upstairs neighbors occasionally...and they are in their late 70's and early 80's...But then...they are game to get together for a meal or do a road trip...unlike the peopel I know who are my age... :whistle:

See my post above.  :)

One of the tenants of living complaint free is I'm not supposed to point out other peoples complaining.  It's really hard.

I propose you re-read your statement and see if it sounds positive to you.  I agree a lot of small issues can weigh you down, but it's still a choice to view everything that surrounds you in a positive light.  It's a choice and a very hard one.  Once you start viewing things in a positive way, and rid yoursel of the negative people you'll feel so much better.  And the best part is nothing else needs to change.  You can keep the same house, the same job and most of the same people in your life.

petite, there are only two answers to the work situation.  1) vote with your feet and leave, or 2) the lazy man's way out, just accept it and lower your expectations, ala Wally.  While I have generally been successful at outwaiting idiots (they usually get promoted :whistle::huh::(:angry: or transferred nod%20head.gif  :) ), sometimes they just won't leave.  And also, at your age you inevitably have to shift your focus to the next phase, your next act, retirement if you are lucky, and maybe another job if you aren't.  Sadly, all you can do is give the company what it seems to want, in this case, working with any idiots who may be in power.  While you know what you would do in a smoothly functional organisation, if you are not in one, it is above your pay scale to fix it.  Sad, but true.

http://lazyway.blogs.com/.a/6a00d8341dc0af53ef014e86d85a6b970d-pi

I just have one small complaint.  You misspelled "tenets" and I had to reread this statement several times before I could figure out what you were trying to say.   :(

Maybe he really meant a tenant, a renter. :)

This is an interesting thing that seems to happen more and more - words that are close in sound spelling being used in the wrong places.  "For all intensive purposes", etc. :D

It is interesting because humans are very good at correcting those in our minds, but sometimes they are really meant and should not be corrected.  Fascinating, captain!

• Heart 1

Maybe he really meant a tenant, a renter. :)

This is an interesting thing that seems to happen more and more - words that are close in sound spelling being used in the wrong places.  "For all intensive purposes", etc. :D

It is interesting because humans are very good at correcting those in our minds, but sometimes they are really meant and should not be corrected.  Fascinating, captain!

True.  Sometimes I will attempt a pun and it goes right over everyone's head.   :huh:  :D

I'm sorry you're feeling down Petite.  It may be a combination of factors including post-vacation let down as well as a stressful time at work. It can sometimes be hard to know if a bad time at work is just a bad stretch, but overall the job is still rewarding (or at least better than the alernatives) or if it really is time to look for something else.  I hope it's just a bad stretch, because overall I get the impression you like the residents and that they appreciate what you do for them.

I understand the problem with finding people to  join in activities.  There are a lot of things I like to do on my own, but there are other times it would be nice to have someone around. 

If I did not have Yoga, which has changed my life, and given me a path that feels good, I would feel the same.  I'm not saying it's easy and that I always feel great - I have plenty of times when I feel down and lonely - but my practice helps me to look at things in a different way.  

Change is good, maybe you should consider it.  If I didn't buy the studio I would have moved somewhere new - I had been thinking of NC.  

I'm always thinking about going back to NC.  If I hadn't been offered the new job a while back, I'd probably be there.  Sometimes I wish I hadn't been offered this job.  Not that NC is such a great place to live...

Sorry you're feeling down Petite.. Change is good sometimes.