well, what's your vacation plans?

bikeman564™

Hoping for sun/fun late March, back to France in June/July, and waiting for some warmer nights so camping season can return.  My brother was trying to get me to come to Orlando for the week (next week) with his kids plus another brother and sister, but I don't want to chew through vacation time this early in the year. 

• Heart 2

A week exploring the western half of Tennessee, including Nashville, in mid April. BuffCarla’s dad grew up in Memphis, and we’re going to hit Beale Street, Graceland, Shiloh Battlefield and Patsy Clines crash site, before heading to Nashville for 4 nights, where hopefully we can find something to do. 

BuffCarla’s relatives remember going to their black churches, and a teenage Elvis Presley would sit in the back, mesmerized by the gospel music. 

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Don't have any plans yet, and it does depend on how things shake out regarding travel restrictions.  Most likely smaller, local trips.  I didn't get to see Airedale Estates last time I was in Western NY, so I may show up and bother Aire when she least expects it and see some sights I didn't get a chance to explore during the wedding weekend.

Also likely spend a few days at a quiet lake somewhere.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Zealot said:

probably involve hiking or camping or the ocean...

..or hiking and camping and the ocean. We've got thousands of miles of ocean coastline, many with camping & hiking nearby!

11 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

I don't want to fly or stay in a crowded location. 

Skip the hostels and get a room just for you and your wife!  I definitely don't aim to stay with crowds anymore.  

I wouldn't call it vacation for us it's every day stuff. 

Racing in South Carolina and then depending upon weather white water rafting.

Racing in Kansas...finding things to do along the way. 

Paddle boarding the caves around the Apostle Islands. 

Racing in Birmingham Alabama (this is the biggest race of the year for us)

And other things like taking off to somewhere for a few days for motorcycle trip or mountain biking or hiking or paddling. 

25 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

I’ve heard that New York has some lovelei lakes. They also have moose. Be careful a moose bit my sister once. 

She must not have tasted good if he stopped after one bite. 

Moose are pretty rare in NY. Much more common in Maine and New Hampshire. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

A week exploring the western half of Tennessee, including Nashville, in mid April. BuffCarla’s dad grew up in Memphis, and we’re going to hit Beale Street, Graceland, Shiloh Battlefield and Patsy Clines crash site, before heading to Nashville for 4 nights, where hopefully we can find something to do. 

BuffCarla’s relatives remember going to their black churches, and a teenage Elvis Presley would sit in the back, mesmerized by the gospel music. 

I highly recommend the Civil Rights Museum & grab some ribs & Chicken at Rendezvous in downtown Memphis.   Trust me on Rendezvous.

• Heart 2

20 minutes ago, 12string said:

I had to submit my vacation schedule for the year.  How am I supposed to know that already?

A few camping trips, Still holding out hope for Italy in September.  If not, more camping.  Maybe Nova Scotia.

Bring your bike if you go to NS!