So...I am not going Vegan or anything crazy...but

petitepedal

Vegetarian - Pizza :)

These are mostly not vegan, and some aren't vegetarian, but I saved this link from Midwestern Living with a variety of salad recipes.  A number looked tasty

https://www.midwestliving.com/food/salads/sumptuous-salads/?taid=63e281b93bfef600015b97d3&utm_campaign=trueanthem&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

Well, made a smoked salmon with sprouts, tomato, cheese and avocado on baguette with mustard. That was supper, with green tea.  

Are dairy products still kosher for you?  Plain yogurt with fruit or nuts and low-fat milk with cereal. For snack, I will have a dollop of plain yogurt and another flavoured and today's with cut pineapple large chunks + blueberries.  

Butternut squash with 1 cooked cubed apple or pear, cooked with veggie boullion broth and even minced ginger if desired. Mulch with immersion blender. Voila your soup with dollop of plain yogurt. 

If you drain plain yogurt in a fine wire mesh strainer in fridge for few hrs.:  low fat spread/dip. with fresh herbs. Simple and lovely.

• Heart 1

58 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I  am exploring more recipes that are vegetarian  or vegan....I have yet to try vegan cheese :whistle:  I avoid zucchini and tomato... Now..chicken an fish are still on the agenda..even occasional pork...but looking for more plant based options..especially recipes easy to cut in half or on the simple side...

Do you have a favorite..simple vegan or vegetarian recipe you want to share?

A stuffed tomato.  (choice of stuffing is up to your taste)

8 minutes ago, sheep_herder said:

My wife makes egg plant dishes that are pretty tasty.

I have done some eggplant..but it is a night shade...and night shades are not great for psoriasis..so like tomatoes and peppers...I watch how much I use them.  

Zucchini on the other hand makes me miserable..doubled over in pain..the skin...I believe is the culprit. 

• Hugs 1

13 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I  am exploring more recipes that are vegetarian  or vegan....I have yet to try vegan cheese :whistle:  I avoid zucchini and tomato... Now..chicken an fish are still on the agenda..even occasional pork...but looking for more plant based options..especially recipes easy to cut in half or on the simple side...

Do you have a favorite..simple vegan or vegetarian recipe you want to share?

It's hardly "crazy" to go vegan (let alone vegetarian).  :D

But, darn, I do love dairy products!

Maybe I'll flip through our recipe binders, but there are pretty much a BAZILLION lentil and chickpea and the like recipes out there that are delicious.

4 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

Big salad. It's like a regular salad w/ a bunch of stuff in it :)

It's funny. I went years and years with salads as a side to meals we make. IOW - an afterthought for the most part.  My wife cranked up her keto diet, and I went looking for good options to keep my meals "simple" when not eating what she went with. Big ass salads became my go to for quick and easy.  Just add a ton of "extra" stuff and it is a fun adventure. I often add cheese or sardines for some protein, but you can easily keep it vegetarian/vegan by skipping that.  I like adding shaved carrots, chopped peppers, tomatoes, craisins, chopped walnuts, cukes, etc.  Fun and easy, and strange I didn't do it much before. :dontknow:

• Heart 1
  • Like 1
  • Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

It's funny. I went years and years with salads as a side to meals we make. IOW - an afterthought for the most part.  My wife cranked up her keto diet, and I went looking for good options to keep my meals "simple" when not eating what she went with. Big ass salads became my go to for quick and easy.  Just add a ton of "extra" stuff and it is a fun adventure. I often add cheese or sardines for some protein, but you can easily keep it vegetarian/vegan by skipping that.  I like adding shaved carrots, chopped peppers, tomatoes, craisins, chopped walnuts, cukes, etc.  Fun and easy, and strange I didn't do it much before. :dontknow:

I like adding grilled chicken. Sometimes shredded cheese but not often.

2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

I like adding grilled chicken. Sometimes shredded cheese but not often.

When my wife gets a roasted chicken and we shred off some of the breast, it is great on a salad. Or crumbled bacon. Or even cubes of a ham.  But none are vegetarian for Petite :(

• Like 1

15 hours ago, petitepedal said:

I have yet to try vegan cheese :whistle: 

There are reasonably good or very good non-dairy substitutes for many things.  In my opinion, cheese is the only one that's really lacking. 

For full disclosure, I don't like American cheese and most of the non-dairy cheese substitutes I have had (cheddar and provolone-style slices) resemble a flavored American cheese in taste and texture.  If you like American cheese your experience might be better.

Mozzarella shreds too... we make homemade personal pizzas sometimes and I can't decide whether the fake mozzarella is better than no cheese at all. 

The one exception is - I did get some blue cheese-ish crumbles that I thought were very good; had some in a salad, and on a burger with some bacon and that was tasty.  I forget the brand but I could probably find it.

(to clarify, I am not vegan, just non-dairy)