Do you want to move to the country?

Randomguy

That happens all the time around here. A few years ago a family moved in up the road form us, right across from a dairy farm. The next spring they were calling the Sheriffs office and anyone else complaining about the smell of the liquid manure. Welcome to the country was the response they got.

• Heart 1

10 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

You are already used to the smell of manure, I am guessing.  Any SS news?

Except the liquid stuff. I will never get used to that. Satan's outhouse couldn't possibly smell any worse.

Nah. PO was just here working on my washing machine. Said he gave him three weeks to get the rest of his crap out and it's been one. I said "Yeah, good luck with that..."

I don't want to move to the country.  I already live in the country.  You get used to the smell, it's much worse inside the barn, especially when you are moving it from place to place.

Some of you yuppies would be much better off with a row house in the city however.  Much better.  You don't want to come here.  

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Zackny said:

That happens all the time around here. A few years ago a family moved in up the road form us, right across from a dairy farm. The next spring they were calling the Sheriffs office and anyone else complaining about the smell of the liquid manure. Welcome to the country was the response they got.

When I was around 16 I visited family in Holland.  We took this horse drawn hay ride in the country, fun right?!?!?  Well we came on this farm and the farmer was spraying liquid manure. But the rat basturd saw us, turned the nozzel off, did a 180 and sprayed it right at us!!!! We were far enough to avoid getting drenched but the mist totally covered us.  It smelled so bad one lady started throwing up and then a bunch of others started yacking.  I was able to hold it together but oh man that was freaking bad.  We had to go back to my aunt's, shower & change we all smelled so freaking bad...

I'd like to move to a quieter area some day but not necessarily farm land... I'm thinking mountains. 

1 hour ago, bikeman564™ said:

:D

When the boys were little (8&12), we would be in my truck headed into town and this song would come on.  At that time, I used to keep a kazoo in the glove compartment of the truck (don't ask me why I just did), and when the flute part got close I would reach over and grab it out and play the flute part with the kazoo.  Both of them rolled their eyes and ducked down so no one could see them with me.  I still have that kazoo. 

:lol:

• Heart 2

13 minutes ago, tybeegb said:

When the boys were little (8&12), we would be in my truck headed into town and this song would come on.  At that time, I used to keep a kazoo in the glove compartment of the truck (don't ask me why I just did), and when the flute part got close I would reach over and grab it out and play the flute part with the kazoo.  Both of them rolled their eyes and ducked down so no one could see them with me.  I still have that kazoo. 

:lol:

I keep a harmonica in the truck, I don't play it when anyone is riding with me.

Just now, sheep_herder said:

I bet your children would enjoy living in the country.:)

They would... we are looking right now for a good size plot of land we can raise some animals on, and also have a hellova garden on.. :)