Are these too youthful for a near 60 year old?

Wilbur

14 hours ago, wilbur said:

It depends on the 60 year old.  If you wear mom jeans and a Princeton sweatshirt, they are too stylish.  Narrow leg jeans and an untucked buttoned shirt with grey hair looks good. I'm in!  

Gawd….I biked over to a popular independent cafe on my day off.  There were enough of those guys talking biz or pretending to.  Either they had their day off or....they were unemployed from oil and gas industry.  A woman who walks in with her cycling gear, is noticeable.

I realize these are guys around my age. ?  There's a certain look ..these days for hip aging guys:  a face and body that has attempted to jog, bike, whatever.  In that environment, it felt too forcefully cheerful.

I don't think that applies for women...in my opinion, it's far more varied for style, visage, etc.  

Wilbur:  You forgot the cool bubble light winter jackets..... jackets that AREN'T warm enough in prairie  -25 to -35 degree winter days.

18 hours ago, wilbur said:

It depends on the 60 year old.  If you wear mom jeans and a Princeton sweatshirt, they are too stylish.  Narrow leg jeans and an untucked buttoned shirt with grey hair looks good. I'm in!  

...and if you're fit, which I assume you are.  As long as you're fit, you can pull off wearing clothes designed for younger dudes.

• Heart 2

I was channel flipping this morning. Slow news day, so far, anyway. Ryan Seacrest was wearing unusual sneakers that caught my wife's eye. So we both took a stab at finding them, no luck.

But it was educational. Esquire has an article about 68(!) stylish sneakers.  Louis Vitton makes sneakers now. Haute Couture used to sneer at casual attire, but the ability to get a sneaker made for 20 bucks, and then sell it for 400 or 500 bucks must have changed their mind.

https://www.esquire.com/style/mens-fashion/g22690969/coolest-best-sneakers-2018/

16 minutes ago, wilbur said:

See!  $175 for calf skin high tops doesn't seem all that outrageous does it?

There's only one sneaker I can wear, and it's half that price.

Which I think is kinda outrageous.

815mhl2GA9L._SX700_.jpg

Style is statement. Since I can't see you, watch you, I can't know what you can pull off. But, as a rule of thumb, for someone our age, you want single a single color, and that color should be black or brown. Unless you have a cream tangerine suit and need sneaks to match the outfit.

One of the things about flash is that it's advertising. You might want to avoid advertising that implies fertility.