Cancer screening, PSA

Dirtyhip

14 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

men can get breast cancer, just less often.  

Indeed. But I don't think we get proactive mammograms :(  I imagine it is more luck than screening that catches it in men.  My mom and my older sister discovered it early enough they are both still around many many years later :)  but chemo and mastectomies are NO FUN. The sooner you find it, the less awful it might be to treat it.

I THINK I still get a PSA test at least once a year in my every-three-month diabetes blood tests, but the printout my doctor's office gives me has become abbreviated with a new computer system and sometimes it doesn't include cholesterol, white blood cells, and some others which are also done.  I'll have to ask for my next printout BEFORE I see the doctor - who has it on a screen when I see him, and let him know I need a better printout.  He owns the practice of several doctors so he should be able to get it done.

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

I still have a restraining order from the last time I tried to get a mammogram.

Hmmm.  I got mine for trying to give mammograms.

Thanks for the PSA, I'm not good about checkups.  I was 8 years overdue for my first colonoscopy.

18 minutes ago, 12string said:

Hmmm.  I got mine for trying to give mammograms.

Thanks for the PSA, I'm not good about checkups.  I was 8 years overdue for my first colonoscopy.

I got mine done 2 months after my 50th b-day.  Once I got cleaned out I decided to stop putting bad things in.  Trying to keep my temple cleaner.  HAHA

Cholesterol check next month.  

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

For most people, an annual dermatology exam has to be the most important. Along with colonoscopies, of course. 

My Dr did a visual on my last checkup. Commented on how “remarkably mole free” I am. 

7 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

For most people, an annual dermatology exam has to be the most important. Along with colonoscopies, of course. 

Agreed.  I have a GP appointment soon.  I always get my back, arms, face and calves looked at.  Sometimes, they bust out the nitrogen and burn stuff off of me.  

I get bloodwork and a general groping from my oncologist every six months and a full body scan by my dermatologist every six months. I have had lifeline screenings done and I am due for another one. I have been real busy with other doctoring stuff and haven’t got around to scheduling it yet.