Can we play nicely?

Dirtyhip

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Being a mod isn't the glamorous job you thought it would be, huh?   :D

I never assumed glamour.  I made some jokes, but I am serious about helping.

The reason I joined is to help SW and I do enjoy this site.  I enjoy talking to you people.  Some posts my way are mean spirited, whatever.  Don't care.  I've got thick skin and an elastic heart.  :)  Gosh, I love quoting that song.   

• Awesome 2

5 minutes ago, Randomguy said:

Subjective.  Who called who what?  Who retorted?  Was it running its course, just getting going?  What?

Stupid things.  Not important right now.  

Can we just try?  

I assume that you still like me.  I don't want this site going away and I don't want SW getting stressed out and feeling more stress than he is already under. His plate is full.

8 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Stupid things.  Not important right now.  

Can we just try?  

I assume that you still like me.  I don't want this site going away and I don't want SW getting stressed out and feeling more stress than he is already under. His plate is full.

Of course I still like you, I am just trying to piece together what happened. 

I am watching a movie but I am fading fast. 

• Hugs 1

8 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Do we really need a PSA telling people not to put vodka in their eyes?  Can't we just keep quiet and let things sort themselves out?

That's why I have my own pool.  I can pee it all I want and not have to pretend it didn't happen like everyone else.

• Haha 1
  • Envious 1
  • Hugs 1

No, I don't think we can.   I think society, online and in person, has moved well beyond civility.  For the past few years, I have wondered if this might happen, where the divisional hatred seen on campaign trails spreads to civilization in general.  It did.  Add to that, the anonymity of an online presence, and I question how chat rooms fair.  I suspect, not well. 

When I turn on the news and see a bunch of punks from a group that starts with "A", screaming at what appears to be a 90 year old woman with a walker who was trying to attend a Dave Rubin discussion, calling her "Nazi Scum", I know the civility of old, is lost. The radicals have won. 

Can we do it here?  I doubt it.  For every "type A" antagonist, there is a "type A" reactionist.  It will prove difficult to find common ground.  Just my opinion.  

Can we try?  Sure we can. 

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

3 minutes ago, FaQ said:

No, I don't think we can.   I think society, online and in person, has moved well beyond civility.  For the past few years, I have wondered if this might happen, where the divisional hatred seen on campaign trails spreads to civilization in general.  It did.  Add to that, the anonymity of an online presence, and I question how chat rooms fair.  I suspect, not well. 

When I turn on the news and see a bunch of punks from a group that starts with "A", screaming at what appears to be a 90 year old woman with a walker who was trying to attend a Dave Rubin discussion, calling her "Nazi Scum", I know the civility of old, is lost. The radicals have won. 

Can we do it here?  I doubt it.  For every "type A" antagonist, there is a "type A" reactionist.  It will prove difficult to find common ground.  Just my opinion.  

Can we try?  Sure we can. 

Past few years?  I think you need to back up an election or so as to when it started, it's been going on for awhile now and I've pulled back from a lot of sites because of it.  Also did a lot FB purging because of it.

And no, I am not trying to turn this into a political discussion, not because I hate talking politics, but because far to many people are incapable of having a level headed rational discussion on the topic;.  It's why I avoided P&R section when it was here.

9 minutes ago, Indy said:

Past few years?  I think you need to back up an election or so as to when it started, it's been going on for awhile now and I've pulled back from a lot of sites because of it.  Also did a lot FB purging because of it.

And no, I am not trying to turn this into a political discussion, not because I hate talking politics, but because far to many people are incapable of having a level headed rational discussion on the topic;.  It's why I avoided P&R section when it was here.

You also unfriended me.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Why do people think that swimming in their own pee is less objectionable than swimming in someone else's pee?  Pee is pee.   

Exactly, it's really fairly benign, it poop that you have to worry about.

28 minutes ago, Reverend_Maynard said:

I think we should stop with the name changes... It's dumb and nobody knows who anybody is.

So, just click on the persons user name. That takes you to their profile page.  Click the little circular arrow to the right of their user name and you get a whole list of past and present name.   Easy Peasy. 

12 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Like, less instigating, poking at each other in hurtful ways and being cruel?

I want to keep SW from losing his mind.  Let's not stress him out, please..please...please.

I'd suggest either locking down Avatar Names or locking down Avatar Photos.  This BS nonsense of tracking who is who is getting ridiculous.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1