I was wrong, and now I'm embarrassed.

smudge

? we forgive you!

We have a lot of coyotes out here and they do get really yippie.  WOChrisL and I were walking in a nature path which we know has coyotes and we heard a pack of them really close in the bushes yipping.

We couldn’t see them in the bushes so WOChrisL wanted to get a closer look so walked towards the bushes and one huffed at her in a low growl.  

She backed up and let them be.

• Awesome 1
  • Hugs 1

Very smart of you to look up the differences and I''m glad you will have less worry about wolves for the future.  If it were me, I'd have siad  ilooked it up and the sounds turned out to be dinosaurs.  :nodhead:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Longjohn said:

Here’s what the ones around here look like. I would not like to have these come after me. I saw one that got himself trapped in the neighbor’s pasture. About the size of a German Shepher.

6CD8D3BF-CA35-4913-B368-4A899BBD0E43.jpeg

Those look ...quite healthy and potentially dangerous.

I've been in front a coyote less than 4 metres away ..it happened twice when I was cycling in the city in Vancouver....and also here in prairie city.

• Heart 1

7 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

Those look ...quite healthy and potentially dangerous.

I've been in front a coyote less than 4 metres away ..it happened twice when I was cycling in the city in Vancouver....and also here in prairie city.

They kill a lot of livestock and are hunted heavily because of it. They got our favorite cat a few years ago. I think they must have eliminated the local pack, it’s been pretty quiet lately.

• Sad 1

I’ve told this before, on my first DC to Pittsburgh Adventure I lost a piece off my tentpole when I took down my tent the first morning. After that I was unable to keep the tent up. I would set the tent up and it looked ok but a half hour later it would collapse on me. I was sharing my campsite on the C&O with a lady from South Africa. There was only about six feet between our tents.

In the middle of the night a coyote walked between our tents and started howling. The South African lady woke up and screamed: “What in the hell is that?  It sounds like a hyena.” I laughed and told her it was a coyote. She asked if it would hurt us. I said I hope not, my tent is collapsed on top of me and he could start chewing on me before I knew he was there. I think her scream scared it off for the night.

• Haha 1

I've never heard or saw any coyotes as far as I know, so I checked their range and it is almost all of North Amurrica! 

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/4e/Cypron-Range_Canis_latrans.svg

Hmm, now to check the range of the woolof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wolf#/media/File:Grey_wolf_distribution_with_subdivisions.PNG

On 10/20/2019 at 1:34 PM, smudge said:

I don't think they were wolves the other night. I think they were only coyotes.

I was going to correct you, but figured it was better to have you scared and safe & warm in the Camp Palace rather than the She Shed.

FTR, Jasper and Tyler could have helped you calm your nerves (13:30 is where the good stuff starts):