Most favorite bike you ever owned ?

Further

My Peugeot UE 8 was my favorite, all time bicycle. Bought in 1972, sold in 74. Many adventures in those 2 years

Image result for peugeot ue8

Mine was white, just like this one, but I had a huge leather underseat bag, it held a six pack plus the tire repair stuff, and there was a frame pump, under the top tube I think.

• Awesome 1

3 hours ago, Digital_photog said:

Fargo, that is what I came here to say.  I like my other bikes but if I had to choose and only have one it would be the Fargo.  Four of my seven bikes are Salsa.

Agreed. I've owned four Salsas including two Fargos. I went to Ride Camp twice. I even learned about Tenkara from Miker.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, dennis said:

Agreed. I've owned four Salsas including two Fargos. I went to Ride Camp twice. I even learned about Tenkara from Miker.

The fargo is so versatile. It may not be the best bike for any particular thing but it can do well at about any kind of riding. I have had it on paved roads, gravel roads, sand national forest fire roads, single track and even frozen lakes with the studded tires. There are times I would take another bike if it is available but if I could only have one there is no question in my mind what it would be.

12 hours ago, RalphWaldoMooseworth said:

I have a silver 1981 in the garage. First bike as an adult. It got ridden a lot also. 

The stress fractures on my bike were little bumps in the paint of the top tube near the head tube. I sanded the paint down to the metal and could see the very tiny parallel cracks. I hate to think of what would have happened if it snapped during a ride.

I was thinking about posting about my 1988 Trek 820, but then I remembered my Sigma.  You can laugh all you want, but I got the Sigma about the same time my parents started letting me go off on my own.  Riding around the neighborhood quickly became riding around town, which led to riding farther and farther distances.   

image.thumb.png.f13571d0a4df0a481002279c31f50515.png

• Heart 1