How do you feel?

Airehead

8 minutes ago, groupw said:

I’ve been fighting the crud as well. I stayed home a day last week. I started feeling cruddy again earlier this week. I took a shot of bourbon and I have been doing better!

I will try this. My uncle who was a marine physician always recommended a shot of bourbon with white sugar mixed in. The sugar crystals cut the gunk and the bourbon relaxed the cough. 

• Heart 2

I was feeling like I was getting something, so I went out with a coworker to happy hour where we drank cheap beer and flirted with young attractive ladies. I came home and microwaved tortillas with cheese, refried beans, tiny tomatoes, and taco sauce, then fell asleep. I woke up, pooped several times, and now I feel better. 

I highly recommend this vigorous recovery regimen, it is proven to work. 

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

I have had crud/allergies for about 26 years now.  I seem to just go through stages of it where I feel better, then worse.  I feel like I never truly get over it.

I have the gout in my right great toe and it seems to be flaring up.

I have lots of little chronic aches in my right hip and low back. 

Other than that, I feel pretty good.  Pretty happy with life in general. 

• Heart 2

2 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

I have had crud/allergies for about 26 years now.  I seem to just go through stages of it where I feel better, then worse.  I feel like I never truly get over it.

I have the gout in my right great toe and it seems to be flaring up.

I have lots of little chronic aches in my right hip and low back. 

Other than that, I feel pretty good.  Pretty happy with life in general. 

Gout, isn’t that something old people get?

4 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

I had my first gout attack at 44 YO. Had a coworker who suffered gout at 23 YO. 

My dad had it young as well.   I think my first attack was probably around 40 ish years old.  Damn, that hurt.  I consider myself a fairly tough dude and I could barely walk.  It hurt to even have a sheet over my toe when I was in bed. 

• Heart 1

Yesterday morning I felt pretty good, almost normal. I was making plans in my head to spend today in the garage doing some woodworking.   :nodhead:

By the time I left work my shoulder and neck were throbbing. No idea what I did to aggravate it   :dontknow:

I am spending today sitting in a chair with a heating pad wrapped around my shoulder   :(

• Sad 2

28 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

My dad had it young as well.   I think my first attack was probably around 40 ish years old.  Damn, that hurt.  I consider myself a fairly tough dude and I could barely walk.  It hurt to even have a sheet over my toe when I was in bed. 

As I've said before when I had my first gout attack, I got up in the middle of the night and went to the ER. I waited until the next day to see a doctor after my heart attack. I've had more than my fair share of broken bones and the gout rivaled many of them for pain. Fortunately gout goes away after a few days whereas broken bones take a while longer to heal.

We are going on a cruise next week and I just check to make sure that I had enough Indomethacin in my shaving kit.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1

35 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Gout, isn’t that something old people get?

My grandpa got it in his 60s and dealt with it the rest of his life. Fortunately, it doesn't appear to have affected his kids or grandkids, so far. Same thing with him as far as pain. I watched him punch a horse straight out of "Bl;azing Saddles" because it didn't want its bridle. He separated his shoulder another time and still turned down our offer to break the ice on the cattle water tank because he said he would have to do it anyway after we went home. The gout put him out of commission. 

• Sad 3

7 minutes ago, JerrySTL said:

As I've said before when I had my first gout attack, I got up in the middle of the night and went to the ER. I waited until the next day to see a doctor after my heart attack. I've had more than my fair share of broken bones and the gout rivaled many of them for pain. Fortunately gout goes away after a few days whereas broken bones take a while longer to heal.

We are going on a cruise next week and I just check to make sure that I had enough Indomethacin in my shaving kit.

...don't eat the oysters.

• Heart 1

I was active yesterday, then walked Jake a couple miles - the ranger at the park entrance gave him a Milkbone dog biscuit both times we passed his guard box, and last night I fell asleep healthily exhausted for the first time in a while. I didn't wake up until 11:15 am - I usually wake between 5:30 and 8 am.

I felt great.  I HAVE to be more active.  The next walk is Monday (62°!).  If the weather's bad for a while, I'll start walking malls.

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1