Jump to content
Square Wheels Cycling

Happy September!!!


Recommended Posts



3 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

September > August. 

Top Tier Months:

May, June Sept Oct

Mid Tier:

April, July, Aug, Nov

Bottom Tier:

Dec Jan Feb Mar

  • Like 2
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

September > August. 

Is August the February of summer? Everyone hates February and I’ve noticed August is getting a lot of hate too. I dislike that the daylight is getting shorter. I like Fall and all that but I’m in no hurry for pumpkin spice latte, Halloween, & Christmas decorations all before November 1. And while we’re at it, fuck daylight savings time.

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Is August the February of summer? Everyone hates February and I’ve noticed August is getting a lot of hate too. I dislike that the daylight is getting shorter. I like Fall and all that but I’m in no hurry for pumpkin spice latte, Halloween, & Christmas decorations all before November 1. And while we’re at it, fuck daylight savings time.

August is a cusp month - almost great (top tier) but can go sideways with a crazy heatwave, or a hurricane/tornado/flood/wild fire.  The longer days are a great plus, but those longer days often result in afternoon/evening thunderstorms, so I get screwed by thinking those "extra" daylight hours automatically mean extra ride time.  This year, August was about an 8 out of 10, so right up there with the top months.

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

yay, fall, my b-day, and candy corn :skipping:

Candy corn is on par with pumpkin spice Zima.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yay!!!  :hapydance:

Stilll 21 days until autumn, but turning the calendar to September makes it seem that much closer.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

September in Washington is usually a really nice month to be here.  That is when our poop fields are at bay.

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:

My daughter was born in September, I like it.

 

4 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Mine too. The 14th. 

Mine too...., the 16th.  But I live in Canada.  September came too soon this year and I am already wearing arm warmers riding to work in the mornings

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BuffJim said:

September > August. 

I have mixed feelings about this, particularly the days getting shorter.  I don't mind not having 90 degree days every day and 80 degree low temperature nights, but I do get a bit sad when it gets dark so dame early, and having to wear a jacket or somesuch is upsetting to my delicate nature.

  • Like 2
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

Top Tier Months:

May, June Sept Oct

Mid Tier:

April, July, Aug, Nov

Bottom Tier:

Dec Jan Feb Mar

Not a bad sorting, I have always concluded that mid-may to the end of September are the good months of the year and that all the rest have to be tolerated in order to get to the good months.  I am sick of the damn humidity, though, and now I have bike lights, so I hope I can extend the good month category by a couple more weeks on either side.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Today is also the first day of meteorological autumn!!!!  :cheerleader:

  • Like 1
  • Awesome 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Old No. 7 said:

Is August the February of summer? Everyone hates February and I’ve noticed August is getting a lot of hate too. I dislike that the daylight is getting shorter. I like Fall and all that but I’m in no hurry for pumpkin spice latte, Halloween, & Christmas decorations all before November 1. And while we’re at it, fuck daylight savings time.

March is dreadful, wet, sloppy, slushy, cold, gray, awful. August is the March of summer. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Airehead said:

March is dreadful, wet, sloppy, slushy, cold, gray, awful. August is the March of summer. 

Here in the nation’s Capital. March is the beginning of Spring. Forsythia and crocus are the first flowers of Spring. Followed by daffodils, tulips, and cherry trees. Sure we can see snowflakes in March, but they never stick around long!

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Here in the nation’s Capital. March is the beginning of Spring. Forsythia and crocus are the first flowers of Spring. Followed by daffodils, tulips, and cherry trees. Sure we can see snowflakes in March, but they never stick around long!

Montana had snowflakes last night (according to a weatherman).  I wonder if it was before midnight?

I wonder if @dennis has snow yet??

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Kzoo said:

Montana had snowflakes last night (according to a weatherman).  I wonder if it was before midnight?

I wonder if @dennis has snow yet??

 

Not sure where it might have snowed, but cold snaps and snow this time of the year are not unusual. Some upland game bird seasons open on 1 September, and these cold snaps often drive the morning doves south. Folks that are hunting blue and ruffled grouse in the mountains also encounter snow this time of the year. We are just happy to have the cooler temperatures.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 1:28 PM, Kzoo said:

Montana had snowflakes last night (according to a weatherman).  I wonder if it was before midnight?

I wonder if @dennis has snow yet??

 

Aug 31

Expect traffic delays on Teton Pass after crash

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/1/2020 at 9:26 AM, Kirby said:

Yay!!!  :hapydance:

Stilll 21 days until autumn, but turning the calendar to September makes it seem that much closer.

You should embrace meteorological fall!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Further said:

Did you enjoy both weeks of summer this year ?

It did not snow the entire month of July. It was glorious.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It's hard to believe today is already the 9th.  With the NFL playing on Sunday, it'll seem Fall is coming fast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Dottles said:

It's hard to believe today is already the 9th.  With the NFL playing on Sunday, it'll seem Fall is coming fast.

Nothing signals fall like the Tour de France!  :scratchhead:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...