Photographer came out this morning.

sheep_herder

You did intimidate her by pulling out your camera didn't you. :D

I did that quite accidentally when my grandson was born. The photographer that had a contract with the hospital came in the room offering services for photos of each newborn. Looked over at me with a 70-200 mounted on my camera and goes "Oh My!" (or however you say that in French). She was using a 24-70 (equivalent) on an entry level crop sensor DSLR.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Tizeye said:

I did that quite accidentally when my grandson was born. The photographer that had a contract with the hospital came in the room offering services for photos of each newborn. Looked over at me with a 70-200 mounted on my camera and goes "Oh My!" (or however you say that in French). She was using a 24-70 (equivalent) on an entry level crop sensor DSLR.

No problem along those lines. We know each other and have photographed together at several events (team ropings, county fairs, etc.). She know what I have, and vice versa, and we share notes on equipment. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 hours ago, Tizeye said:

ooh --la-la!  

3 hours ago, UglyBob said:

In the 1970s I used to go out to Beeline Dragway out east of town with two SLRs around my neck and bag full of lenses, flashes, and film, and a tripod hanging off my belt.. When I'd get to the entry gate, I never had to pay to get in. They would had me a press pass that included trackside and tower access. They never even asked me for any proof I was a journalist. I remember being ahead of a guy from one of the local papers one year. They let me in without question, but held him up until he dug out his credentials. He wasn't too happy because he'd seen me go through without issue. Later that day we ran into each other and he asked me who I worked for. I didn't want him to report me and get me thrown out so I made up some magazine name and he bought it.

You’re a natural fabulist. 

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, roadsue said:

You’re a natural fabulist. 

Funny thing is I never lied at the gate and told them I was a journalist. They just saw all of the camera equipment and assumed it. I just didn't bother to correct them. Every time I went I was prepared to pay if anyone asked--no one ever asked.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, UglyBob said:

Funny thing is I never lied at the gate and told them I was a journalist. They just saw all of the camera equipment and assumed it. I just didn't bother to correct them. Every time I went I was prepared to pay if anyone asked--no one ever asked.

I say run with it, in big strides.

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Lambs, etc. may be in the Miles City Star this evening. She took photos of newborns, older lambs, and some of me carrying newborns to the barn with ewes closely following behind. She never knows what photo the paper will use.

Did she get any photos of you visiting this site on your computer with a lamb sleeping on your lap?

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

Here is the link to th Miles City Star home page. You can scan the photos across the top, and pay particular attention to the little girl and the puppy playing in the leaves. Our photo can be found further down the page, but this one is small. She has not sent me anything via email, so I may have to take a photo of the photo tomorrow.

• Heart 4

9 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

Here is the link to th Miles City Star home page. You can scan the photos across the top, and pay particular attention to the little girl and the puppy playing in the leaves. Our photo can be found further down the page, but this one is small. She has not sent me anything via email, so I may have to take a photo of the photo tomorrow.

I did notice the girl and the puppy. Cute!

10 hours ago, groupw said:

A 24-70 on a ASP-C camera is a decent portrait combo if it’s decent glass. Good flexibility in close quarters. 

I went to the Street Rod Nationals in Lincoln several years ago. Just my Canon 20d with my 24-70 lens. It was slightly more imposing because it required 82 mm filters. I planned on close quarters shooting because that’s about al you can do at most car shows. 
Funny thing was people started giving me room to shoot. I admit I was playing with some unusual angles to get things other than standard car photos. Eventually somebody came up to me and asked which magazine I was with. I was honest and told him I just shot for fun. It was kind of fun to be viewed that way for a bit!

You guys both win the Dilbert’s mother award. :D

• Heart 2