Covid death at work

Further

Guy in his sixty's, Didn't look very healthy I'm sure there were some underlying conditions, he was bit by a rattle snake several years ago and I'm sure that affected him.

Any way he went in the hospital for breathing issues from Covid, while in the hospital he developed pneumonia, and then had a heart attack. He held on for about 10 days but passed on yesterday   :(

He was a nice guy, I used to stop to shot the shit when I was in his work area. 

• Sad 12

28 minutes ago, groupw said:

Sorry, Further. Our store is staying healthy, but lots of clients and people we know having issues. Many more people are starting to take it seriously, but too many still want to get political. 

Today at a corporate-wide internal meeting, several senior managers wore their masks, while they spoke to the camera to several thousand employees across the city in buildings and in our homes.  It was weird, but necessary to send a strong message to us, as employees. This is what we are told:

"Set the example for others...outside of work. Be the model for others in your communities".  

....because for municipal employees, the general public DOES hold higher standard on us.  The top honcho warned us not to group too closely as employees:  members of public can easily take photos of us.  We are watched ...more than oil and gas firms, etc. People like to pick on public employees...when we are expected to be polite, restrained on the job in public.

15 hours ago, Further said:

Guy in his sixty's, Didn't look very healthy I'm sure there were some underlying conditions, he was bit by a rattle snake several years ago and I'm sure that affected him.

Any way he went in the hospital for breathing issues from Covid, while in the hospital he developed pneumonia, and then had a heart attack. He held on for about 10 days but passed on yesterday   :(

He was a nice guy, I used to stop to shot the shit when I was in his work area. 

Sorry to hear of your friendly coworker's death.

PNEUMONIA! I can't understand why getting the pneumonia shot isn't pushed by government agencies at least as much as the flu shot since it's pneumonia on top of flu or COVID that is the actual cause of death in so many cases. Drowning in your own fluids can't be pleasant, either! You need only two pneumonia shots five years apart to protect you for life from virtually 100% of the bacteria that cause bacterial pneumonia.

I posted a month or two back that the statistics on the CDC's website showed that 45% of people who died of COVID also had pneumonia.  About a decade or so ago, a National Institutes of Health study looked at surviving samples from the 1918-19 Spanish Flu pandemic and concluded that most of the victims would not have died if they had had a pneumonia shot (which didn't exist back then).

• Heart 1

4 hours ago, MickinMD said:

Sorry to hear of your friendly coworker's death.

PNEUMONIA! I can't understand why getting the pneumonia shot isn't pushed by government agencies at least as much as the flu shot since it's pneumonia on top of flu or COVID that is the actual cause of death in so many cases. Drowning in your own fluids can't be pleasant, either! You need only two pneumonia shots five years apart to protect you for life from virtually 100% of the bacteria that cause bacterial pneumonia.

I posted a month or two back that the statistics on the CDC's website showed that 45% of people who died of COVID also had pneumonia.  About a decade or so ago, a National Institutes of Health study looked at surviving samples from the 1918-19 Spanish Flu pandemic and concluded that most of the victims would not have died if they had had a pneumonia shot (which didn't exist back then).

It's not pneumonia on top of COVID, it's pneumonia CAUSED by COVID.  And it's viral, not bacterial.  I'm not sure, but I believe it's the most common way COVID gets you.