Beneficiaries

petitepedal

You know what’s odd to me is the two siblings closest in age to me made me executors of their estate, not their spouses. I don’t know the exact terminology but one made me the decider of whether or not to pull the plug on her.

Both spouses were pretty pissed off about it but that’s their issue. I actually prefer not to be in this position at all...

• Heart 2

10 minutes ago, ChrisL said:

closest in age to me made me executors of their estate, not their spouses.

My brother said it’s because he knew I’d do what the paperwork says, what he wants to happen. Not sure if that’s a compliment. 

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

So..what is a single person with no kids to do :dontknow:...other than @AirwickWithCheese ..who do I leave my worldly goods to :dontknow:. Maybe RO ?

I kinda need to take a look at that...:frantics:

Definitely.  If you have any relatives or friends, you can also put them on your bank/credit union accounts such that they can not make a withdrawal without your signature but can do it with your signature on the form.  I have my sister on mine: if something happens to me that limits my movement, she can get me some cash if needed and handle other things.

I have my sister and brother as 50%-each beneficiaries of each of my financial instruments.

4 hours ago, petitepedal said:

So..what is a single person with no kids to do :dontknow:...other than @AirwickWithCheese ..

your first thought is usually best. Go with your heart on this one.   :)  :slow-dance-smiley:

3 hours ago, Airehead said:

Anti e you want and no one will fight. That is great. I sayRO

Your heart is evil, and black as coal from the deepest, darkest West Virginia coal mine.   :angry:

:wub:

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

When we had major river flood several years ago where over 100.000 people evacuated, I remember thinking as I left home to fly Vancovuer for refuge....that I had to give up thought of stuff inside home there. I was one of the evacuees. Our bldg. power was deliberately cut for safety and elevator wasn't working during the water breach in neighbourhood. That happened 5 hrs. after I boarded the plane.

Believe me, when you are faced with that situation, physical moveable assets seem so small in light of lives and home structures.