Escalators

Mr. Beanz

We don't need no stinking escalators.

Alas, they didn't. Understanding the gravity of such journalism, The Atlantic descended on Wyoming and found that there are still only two (well, four, if you count each ascending and descending set of stairs as one). Both bays are in Casper buildings, at the First National Bank and the Hilltop National Bank.

That's 0.000003467 escalators per capita, according to the magazine's run of the 2012 population numbers.

• Heart 2

10 hours ago, Mr. Beanz said:

Use the handrail or no?

I  don't. I Use it no hands practicing balance. I do feel a little wobbly once or twice along the way but I  make it. 😄

Huh????  Totally confused by this one.  Do you have balance issues to work on?

Escalators have one simple rule - stand right, walk left.  I'm not sure, for people with standard balance, that using the railing is necessary. In the rare situations I am 1) using an escalator (I'll choose the stairs if given an option) and 2) standing on an escalator, I might play with the little fringe near the bottom by using it to buff my shoes :)  Otherwise it is walk up/down like normal.

43 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Huh????  Totally confused by this one.  Do you have balance issues to work on?

Escalators have one simple rule - stand right, walk left.  I'm not sure, for people with standard balance, that using the railing is necessary. In the rare situations I am 1) using an escalator (I'll choose the stairs if given an option) and 2) standing on an escalator, I might play with the little fringe near the bottom by using it to buff my shoes :)  Otherwise it is walk up/down like normal.

No balance issues,  just a little game I like to play.  You never know when they will jersey. Heck, the set at the mall are broken down 3 times a week..😄

2 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I put a hand on the handrail and try to see how much faster the hand travels than my feet.

You can control that.  Just by pulling on the rail.  Really hard.  Really fast.  Watch people fall.  You should also lose your balance.  Not from poor balance, but to make it look like it wasn't you.

• Haha 1