Are you a professional cyclist?

Longjohn

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

I have never been mistaken for a racer.  If I did, I could definitely make it to cat 6 after a few months of training.

I'm more likely to eventually own one cat than ever be a Cat 1.  Heck, I'm more likely, at this point, to own five cats than to be even a lowly Cat 5.

:dontknow:

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, Longjohn said:

That’s what some kids playing football in their yard asked me as I rode by them today. Then I realized I still had my GOBA number on the front of my bike. I must be a senior professional.

I sometimes joke with people that I used to be a professional guitarist: the 4-member high school band I had mostly practiced for fun, but once we talked the Pom Squad that was sponsoring a record hop into letting us play instead of playing records for $25.  Then a relative of one of the band members got us another $25 gig, filling in for the main band when it took a break at a young-people's night club.  So each of us was paid a total of $12.50 for singing, playing lead/rhythm guitar, playing bass, and drumming!

I was also paid a couple thousand per season to coach high school track, cross country, and softball, so I sometimes joke that I was a professional sports coach - not distinguishing between "professional sports" and what I did.

• Heart 2

1 hour ago, Razors Edge said:

I'm more likely to eventually own one cat than ever be a Cat 1.  Heck, I'm more likely, at this point, to own five cats than to be even a lowly Cat 5.

:dontknow:

I suspect you already know this, but cat 5 is entry.  Cat 4 I believe is finishing 10 races.  Likely easy, you just need not to get pulled.

From what I've read there is a lot (tons) of crashing in cat 5 and 4.  It seems the crashing is slightly reduced in cat 3 or lower, but more spectacular and usually at a higher speed.

No thanks to the whole thing.  

I never wanted to race.

• Heart 1