Sunday is the fun day

Airehead

Racing in South Haven Michigan today. Might stay a extra day and drive home on Monday. 

Don't know what time that we will get out of here today because the race schedule is going to be messed up. There was a bad crash and weren't able to get in all of the races. 

• Sad 2

Woke up, coffee and a banana. The rest of the house is still sleeping so I went outside and did some stealth work. Nobody wants noise on a Sunday morning. Moved seven wheelbarrow loads of firewood from the pile in the lawn to the firewood rack. Almost full. I have some chainsaw work to do but that can wait for a reasonable hour. 

• Heart 4

59 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Racing in South Haven Michigan today. Might stay a extra day and drive home on Monday. 

Don't know what time that we will get out of here today because the race schedule is going to be messed up. There was a bad crash and weren't able to get in all of the races. 

Hope everyone recovers. 

17 minutes ago, Old No. 7 said:

Woke up, coffee and a banana. The rest of the house is still sleeping so I went outside and did some stealth work. Nobody wants noise on a Sunday morning. Moved seven wheelbarrow loads of firewood from the pile in the lawn to the firewood rack. Almost full. I have some chainsaw work to do but that can wait for a reasonable hour. 

Very considerate of you. 

9 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Hope everyone recovers. 

He was released from the hospital last night but I heard that he's pretty banged up. Several other racers volunteered to drive him back to Colorado.

I seen the motorcycle and it's a total loss. 

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, BR46 said:

He was released from the hospital last night but I heard that he's pretty banged up. Several other racers volunteered to drive him back to Colorado.

I seen the motorcycle and it's a total loss. 

Oh dear. Was the track wet?

I was industrious yesterday and recaulked the bottom of the shower, and was looking forward to a relaxing day.  I did some errands and brought in a nice lunch from a local deli.  I was looking forward to a nice nap when I heard a knock on the door.  Turns out it was my neighbor who told me her husband who was in assisted living for a few years had passed away last week and she was having a reception in her house in an hour.  Just for people in the cul de sac and a few friends.  So now instead of a nap I'm finding clothes that are appropriate.  We're not particularly close and it seems rather odd, but going seems like the right thing to do.

I think they're Jewish, and I don't know if it's an official shiva, but I don't really have time to get food anyway. The one time I went to a shiva, I stood outside far too long because I didn't feel right not knocking.  Luckily someone else came along pretty soon and I just followed them in.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 1