LA gran Aventura de Las mujeres pequinas (Big Adventure of the Cranky Forumites)

petitepedal

• Kzoo changed the title to LA gran Aventura de Las mujeres pequinas (Big Adventure of the Cranky Forumites)
  • Kzoo pinned this topic
1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Just for @sheep_herder

20230916_172952.jpg

https://peppermillvalentine.com/

I like how they more or less tell you how they will cook the steak.

I'd go for the prime rib.   

WoBG is a vegetarian...  she may have a difficult time at this place finding something to eat.   Maybe the Steakhouse Grilled Cheese without the steak and I get the chili.

image.png.72a2e7a24b1b4d01bc07cbf32ca9c5c8.png

• Heart 2

9 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

https://peppermillvalentine.com/

I like how they more or less tell you how they will cook the steak.

I'd go for the prime rib.   

WoBG is a vegetarian...  she may have a difficult time at this place finding something to eat.   Maybe the Steakhouse Grilled Cheese without the steak and I get the chili.

image.png.72a2e7a24b1b4d01bc07cbf32ca9c5c8.png

I'm liking that ribeye

• Heart 2

49 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

I wanted the Filet..but went for the heart city strip (NewYorkStrip)..due to price..it was good..but not as good as the filet would have been :whistle: I am not all that in to Prime Rib...

A good way to end the day...I topped it off with gelato from the grocery store..since I couldn't find an ice cream shop :dontknow::frantics:

Isn’t there a Sonic or McDonald’s close by? That was probably your best bet. 

• Heart 2

35 minutes ago, groupw said:

Isn’t there a Sonic or McDonald’s close by? That was probably your best bet. 

Probably better for the wallet, but it can be nice to have a real meal when you can on long drives.  There's a lot of snacking and fast food along the way.

• Heart 3

24 minutes ago, Kirby said:

When do you leave @shootingstar ?  I know you're technically employed and using vacation for a fairly long time, but will this be your last "real" day of work?

Thurs. is last day of work.  I might feel differently 6 months from now but for the past 4 months, for me, it truly feels right to me, to retire now.  Just seeing some not-so-great developments on the horizon at work and my comments on AI in another thread today, just reinforces what may easily happen well into the future.

I even have mini trips planned next yr. which hopefully will fall into place too. 

I have visions of awkward good-bye coffee meetup at work. I'll just rattle on about this trip in general so far, :) and maybe cycling with a 78 yr. old friend.  

• Awesome 2
  • Hugs 1

To drive for so many hrs. over 2 days is alot  --especially when one doesn't do that sort thing often per month or every few months. 

I was just talking last wk. to another employee.. He and wife have owned their little vacation home near Tuscon AZ for past 20 yrs.  He himself makes the drive down ..with I believe 1 stop along the way. Ever yr. except for covid yrs. Maybe they want a car to do stuff. But seriously, it becomes demanding ...a decade from now. 

Trinidad to Raton, NM, on I-25 south over Raton Pass. 

Take the NM Hwy 64 exit to the west. This road will take you through the Cimarron canyon with pretty places to stop and enjoy the river there. There is a spectacular view of Eagle Nest Lake and then the highway skirts the lake area for awhile.

Turn south on NM 434 toward Angel Fire. It's a ski town, and there are places to stop for refreshment. As you continue south, you'll drive through a massive forest burn. 

At Mora, turn onto NM 518. This is old NM country. 

And then get back on I-25 at Las Vegas. The freeway starts off heading south, but then curves back to the north again as it skirts a mountain range. 

Now that I look at it, I should have included The Plaza as the destination instead of Santa Fe. But you can put that into your Map just as well.

• Heart 2

17 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

To drive for so many hrs. over 2 days is alot  --especially when one doesn't do that sort thing often per month or every few months. 

I was just talking last wk. to another employee.. He and wife have owned their little vacation home near Tuscon AZ for past 20 yrs.  He himself makes the drive down ..with I believe 1 stop along the way. Ever yr. except for covid yrs. Maybe they want a car to do stuff. But seriously, it becomes demanding ...a decade from now. 

As my parents got older and their endurance decreased, they would stop twice instead of once and take more breaks on the way. When you retire and don’t have the same time demands, traveling can be more relaxed. 

• Heart 4