LA gran Aventura de Las mujeres pequinas (Big Adventure of the Cranky Forumites)

petitepedal

2 hours ago, shootingstar said:

Yay, hope to shoot off the fireworks. 

@MoseySusan any chance of northern lights in your area?

https://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/aurora-30-minute-forecast

Not so much. They were visible an hour north of here earlier this year. This NOAA site might show us if there’s a chance of seeing them this weekend. 

2 hours ago, MoseySusan said:

I live at 5600. Cuba is at 6800. Chaco is 6200. Cerillos is 5700.

Does anyone who visits you get altitude sickness? 

Years ago when we stayed in Telluride's mountain village about 9500 for hiking in June.  We had headaches for most of the time we were there. 

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Does anyone who visits you get altitude sickness? 

Years ago when we stayed in Telluride's mountain village about 9500 for hiking in June.  We had headaches for most of the time we were there. 

You don’t really feel the altitude under 6K feet just walking around & such. Go on a run or walk up stairs and you’re  like huh, why am I breathing hard?!?!  9K and above you feel it just walking around and altitude sickness can get you.

The Mammoth Fondo started at 10K’ which is why we spent a week fishing first. 

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, petitepedal said:

Batteries on my 11 year old camera are lousy

11 year old rechargeable batteries (assuming that's what you have) probably don't hold a charge very long.   New rechargeable batteries would bring the camera back to life.  That's assuming they still exist to buy. 

• Heart 1

So we are now at the high class resort/spa..they have lousy signage..no sign for a river walk..signs for no cell phone and no alcohol..but nothing that says no food..spent $4 for a stroopwaffle..to munch on..wating for our 3pm check in..got told no food...I countered with the sign says no alcohol and no cell phones..she stood next to another sign..and yeah No Food was not posted.."its suggested" :whistle:

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

So we are now at the high class resort/spa..they have lousy signage..no sign for a river walk..signs for no cell phone and no alcohol..but nothing that says no food..spent $4 for a stroopwaffle..to munch on..wating for our 3pm check in..got told no food...I countered with the sign says no alcohol and no cell phones..she stood next to another sign..and yeah No Food was not posted.."its suggested" :whistle:

Obviously I am the unwashed