Who else drank too much at lunch

jsharr

• jsharr changed the title to Who else drank too much at lunch
Just now, MoseySusan said:

No buzz here. Just coffee and water so far. I say “so far” like I have plans to drink later, but I have no such plans. 

My son and his girlfriend are coming over for the afternoon game. I asked him to bring Mexican Coke and limes.

• Awesome 2
  • Yum 2

13 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I did pick up a couple new local beers today and have them chilling in the refrigerator.  Hoping they're tasty.

But, wow, Mexico makes our most popular beer, and now the best version of Coke???  WTF?

Remember The Alamo!

• Heart 1

3 minutes ago, Zephyr said:

I had a pre-dinner Old Fashioned last night.  But it true Canadian form, use bourbon infused maple syrup instead of simple syrup

Ted King - an American cyclist who is gaga about maple syrup - was recently discussing his alcohol consumption and the surprising impact it has on his fitness, performance, and general well being.  As he ages (plus with many years of Whoop and other health tracking metrics), he has decided to reel in his drinking a bit.  Where he used to wrap a ride up with a nice IPA (and he rides a lot), he's at a crossroads of continuing that or being competitive. With just a few years left potentially at the top of the gravel scene, he feels he has to make that choice.  

I might have to see if he's tempered his maple syrup nuttiness or if he's maybe even increased it!

It seems odd to say that I’m passionate about beer, but quite frankly, I love beer. I love the artistry and alchemy, the different flavors and creative minds behind breweries, big and small. I find connection and friendship over a shared hoppy beverage. Plus I love when it’s five o’clock and I crack into whatever IPA or occasional stout I have in the fridge. 

So after a decade of abstemious behavior when it comes to alcohol (or quite frankly, anything besides salad and pasta), I have spent most of the past eight years making up for lost time. While I don’t drink to excess, it’s safe to say that I have had a beer (or two or sometimes three) nearly every night for the past eight years. And we live in the age of pint sized cans, so it’s not a dainty 12oz. Coors Lite I’m sipping — I’m into those heavy, hoppy tallboy IPAs. It’s not lost on me that alcohol isn’t a health food. All the latest research says that even the once touted occasional small glass of wine doesn’t offer the benefits it once was claimed to have. Conservatively, that’s 100,000 delicious calories more than a teetotaler would have consumed.

• Heart 1

25 minutes ago, BR46 said:

Only 2??

At 10:58 I got a text from the my local watering hole asking if I can come down and look at the walk in cooler. I walked in the door at 11:30 and the bar tender had a whiskey sour sitting on the bar for me. 

At 12:15 I had the cooler fix so it was free lunch and drinks. 

The two old fashions were the first thing I had had all day except for coffee, so yeah I’m a lightweight

• Hugs 1

20 minutes ago, 2Far said:

I had a Bloody Mary at brunch w/Wo2. 

When I asked the bartender if she made a good old-fashioned and she was very positive I stayed with old fashions when I asked about bloody Mary’s. She was a bit iffy, so I had another old-fashioned.

21 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Ted King - an American cyclist who is gaga about maple syrup - was recently discussing his alcohol consumption and the surprising impact it has on his fitness, performance, and general well being.  As he ages (plus with many years of Whoop and other health tracking metrics), he has decided to reel in his drinking a bit.  Where he used to wrap a ride up with a nice IPA (and he rides a lot), he's at a crossroads of continuing that or being competitive. With just a few years left potentially at the top of the gravel scene, he feels he has to make that choice.  

I might have to see if he's tempered his maple syrup nuttiness or if he's maybe even increased it!

It seems odd to say that I’m passionate about beer, but quite frankly, I love beer. I love the artistry and alchemy, the different flavors and creative minds behind breweries, big and small. I find connection and friendship over a shared hoppy beverage. Plus I love when it’s five o’clock and I crack into whatever IPA or occasional stout I have in the fridge. 

So after a decade of abstemious behavior when it comes to alcohol (or quite frankly, anything besides salad and pasta), I have spent most of the past eight years making up for lost time. While I don’t drink to excess, it’s safe to say that I have had a beer (or two or sometimes three) nearly every night for the past eight years. And we live in the age of pint sized cans, so it’s not a dainty 12oz. Coors Lite I’m sipping — I’m into those heavy, hoppy tallboy IPAs. It’s not lost on me that alcohol isn’t a health food. All the latest research says that even the once touted occasional small glass of wine doesn’t offer the benefits it once was claimed to have. Conservatively, that’s 100,000 delicious calories more than a teetotaler would have consumed.

I would have expected his predilection be for porter given his preference for "hoppy tallboy IPAs.". 

47 minutes ago, jsharr said:

When I asked the bartender if she made a good old-fashioned and she was very positive I stayed with old fashions when I asked about bloody Mary’s. She was a bit iffy, so I had another old-fashioned.

Good plan. 

• Heart 1

After my South Mountain ride, we stopped at Cooper’s Hawk for a glass of wine and appetizers. WoW joined their wine club so we get a free tasting for both of us each month and 2 bottles of wine. We traded the tasting for a glass each at lunch. 
I’ll probably have a beer with supper. 
I had never really drank old-fashioneds until I got invited to our corporate suite. I was told our bartender makes the best old-fashioneds. They are fantastic! She also makes one using tequila, agave syrup, Aztec chocolate and orange bitters that is equally excellent. 

• Heart 2